I had a big grin on my face when I looked at Camila and saw her sliding her book to the middle of our table. "You did that on purpose," she whispered and I shook my head.

"Of course I didn't. I also need a pen but you already knew that," I wriggled my eyebrows and she bit her lip to stifle a smile. I took the pen from her and looked at her for a few more seconds before looking down at the book to pretend I was actually paying attention.

It was lunch time and I was currently eating an apple while the Normani was still eating her lunch. We had talked and I had to put my pride aside and admit that she was right. I was bumping my leg up and down as I waited for Camila and Dinah to arrive together. They were in line for lunch, getting their trays filled and I admired her backside for a moment before I saw them walking towards us. Then I watched Dinah shoot Normani and I an apologetic smile when they turned to go sit at another table. She could not be serious. I felt that inexplicable pain in my chest again that only she could make me feel. She didn't even bother looking at me.

"Fuck this," I threw the rest of my apple on the tray and grabbed my backpack before my friend stopped me.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving this shithole. She can't even eat her damn lunch at the same table I do. A 'break' my ass," I clenched my fists and looked at the other two girls eating lunch by the other table. Camila looked at me but I didn't look away.

"I'll talk to her. Can you calm down please? It's been a day, Lauren. You need to do better if you want her back," Normani told me and I knew better than to not listen to her this time. I broke our staring contest and met Normani's brown eyes.

"And what do you suggest?"

"Maybe not throwing a tantrum in the cafeteria because she decided to sit somewhere else," Normani deadpanned.

"I miss her so much already and it's only been a day," I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"You said you would fight for her, right?" I nodded. "So do it. It's that simple."

"Well that's exactly the problem, Mani," I said sarcastically. "I don't know what to do. She seems unapproachable. Everytime I try to talk to her she makes me feel like she's tired of me."

"Well, I know for a fact that's not true. But she wants her space too and you kind of have to find a way to fight for her but not be overbearing, you know?"

"No, Mani. I don't know, that seems impossible to do. Those are like two opposites," I let my gaze wander back to the brown eyed girl. She was laughing along to something Dinah had said and I felt like someone was sticking needles into my heart. It was a literal physical pain. It may sound selfish but why did she have to look so happy without me? Was she happier without me? I gulped and put my shades back on so I could be sad in peace.

"Stop sulking," Normani scolded.

"Well what the hell am I supposed to do? This break is dumb," I pouted and my friend laughed. I still didn't understand why she was so keen on having this damn break but I had to accept it.

"You're like a lovesick puppy. It's kind of cute."

"Shut up," I groaned and put my head in my hands. "I'm not lovesick. And I'm not a puppy."

"Does she think you'll cheat on her or something?" Normani completely changed the subject and I sat upright now in order to look at her.

"She's not my girlfriend, Normani. How many times do I have to tell you that? I can't cheat on someone I'm not in a relationship with," I told her and noticed Camila was no longer in the cafeteria when I tried to get another look at her.