Chapter 18

Lauren's POV

I began waking up when I felt the sunlight hitting my face through the blinds. I never got sun in my room in the morning which meant we had seriously slept in. Apparently we slept through all our alarms and that never happened to me. I was a morning person whereas Camila was the opposite, so it was understandable that she was dead asleep next to me. She would probably freak out once she realized we had missed 4 hours of morning classes though.

I looked at the girl laying next to me, her exhausted naked body wrapped up in the sheets as she breathed softly. I stroked her cheek tenderly and debated whether or not to wake her up or just let her rest. We had barely gotten any sleep the night before so she was understandably tired. The sunlight made her hair look a lighter shade of brown and her skin look even more of a caramel tone than it already was. My phone brought me out of my trance when it buzzed on my bedside table. Reaching for it, I realized I had a few dozen missed calls and texts from Dinah and Normani asking where we were and if we were going at all today. I also noticed it was almost 1 PM and even if we did decide to go, we would only be able to actually attend about an hour of class, so was it really worth it?

No.

I decided to go back to sleep.

"Lauren, wake up," I felt that heavenly raspy voice and a weight on my stomach. Slowly stirring, I opened my eyes to find Camila looking down at me with her warm brown eyes. "We slept through our alarms," she said urgently and I groaned before shielding my eyes from the sunlight. "Lauren!"

"What? Just give me a second to wake up properly, Jesus," I muttered and rubbed my eyes before opening them again to gaze at the brunette.

"We missed school," Camila concluded and looked worried.

"I know. I woke up at 1–"

"You what?!" Camila interrupted me suddenly and I clearly hadn't been thinking because it was obvious she'd freak out. "Why didn't you wake me? I can't just miss school! My mom is gonna murder me if she finds out. Not if, she'll definitely find out because Sofi will probably tell her–"

I stopped her rambling by cupping her face gently. She had an habit of going on these little rants whenever she was nervous about something and it was cute, but I also didn't want her to have a nervous breakdown. "I didn't wake you because you were tired and because we would barely be able to attend class anyway at that time. And about your parents, just tell Sofia to cover for you, I'm sure she'll do it," I spoke calmly and saw her nodding along.

"Ok. It's all your fault," the brown eyed said and took me by surprise but I could tell she was joking.

"Is that so?" I played along and she nodded while a smile formed on her lips.

"Yes. If I wasn't so tired I would have heard my phone go off," she raised her eyebrows and I chuckled.

"You seemed to be enjoying yourself, though," I teased with a smirk while the cuban blushed mildly.

"I definitely was," she whispered before leaning down and capturing my lips in a kiss. I kissed back fiercely and held her head in place, softly stroking her cheek with my thumb at the same time. I ran my tongue against her bottom lip and she parted her lips, giving me entrave so I could slip my tongue inside her warm mouth. The feelings I got when we kissed were uncanny. Never had kissing been so intense than it was with her, everything with her was all-consuming in a way that it had never been before. She exhaled lightly into the kiss before pulling back slightly.

"Seriously though, are you all rested?" I asked and placed my hands on her thighs instead.

"Yeah, I'm ok. But I need to get home at the same time Sofi does so I better get going," she told me and I pouted.