Chapter 5: Party Time

Party Time

My comment was met with whole-hearted approval, and we all made our way back to Arbutus to get ready for the party.

I stopped by on the ledge to pick up my speakers, and Leo met up with me once again as we made our way out of the cavern.

It wasn't going to be just a small party that would last for a couple hours, but a full festival that would last several days.

I ran into Cyndi's house to grab some clothes that weren't dirty or too every day for such an event.

I pulled out my best clothes, which basically meant they weren't covered in dirt and had buttons, and went into the bathroom to shower.

I knew from past experience that the Furan didn't have warm water, nor was it pumped, so I pulled the lever and quickly cleaned off and hopped back out as quickly as I could.

I dressed with my somewhat-decent clothing and walked out into the living room.

I told Leo to stay, and I walked over to Cyndi's room, knocking on her door.

"Don't come in." I heard her voice say behind the door, "I want to make it a surprise."

I backed away from the door with a quick "Ok."

I walked back through the house and out the door, following my ears to the main square.

I also grabbed my speakers and iPod, knowing that no festival would be complete without music.

I found my way to the stage in the center of the square, and set up my speakers so when I used them, everyone would be able to hear me.

I had everything as ready as I could get it, but still Cyndi had not shown up.

I jumped of the stage and walked over to the food tables on one side of the square.

They were piled high with roast meats, fruits of all kinds, and an entire table just for desserts.

I picked up a plate and gathered a small amount of sample food, walking over and siting down on a stone wall around a curved garden.

I had just finished my food when Cyndi's voice spoke just behind me, "Well, how do I look?"

I said, "I would have thought you weren't coming," turning around as I did so, "You were taking so long I....."

Any words I might have said were lost on me as I caught sight of her in a form-fitting dress of the same blue as her eyes.

Her fur absolutely gleamed and her bangs had been tied back into a bun behind her head.

I looked her up and down, taking it all in, and she looked at me like I was stupid or something.

"What?" she asked, looking at herself "Is there something wrong with the way I look?"

I quickly shook my head no, "Far from it.

I don't think you could look better." I stood up and asked her the question I had been too afraid to ask before, "Would you like to help me teach

your people how to dance?"

She looked at me with happy eyes, "I would love to."

We ran up onto the stage, and I grabbed my microphone off of my speakers, turning it on as I addressed the crowd, "Hello everyone!"

My voice echoed off the buildings around us and all eyes turned to center stage.

"Now I know that the Furan have music and that you like to dance, but Cyndi here has told me that the only kind of music you have is so slow people fall asleep on the dance floor!