"Girls!"

I looked up and saw Emma walking towards us, she pulled each of us into a tight hug, Rachel was surprisingly calm, and she pretended nothing has happened. Which was something I was glad for.

"I was looking for you two, why did you arrive late?" Emma asked, her curly hair was straightened and she was wearing a very nice pink dress.

"Rachel was taking longer than ever." I said, Rachel glared at me, but with a hint of smile on her lips.

"I wasn't taking that much." She mumbled.

The three of us seemed to be just like before. Even Rachel's temper was soon forgotten the moment she saw Emma, who are we kidding? Emma is like a sister to both of us. I'm Rachel's close friend, but so is Emma. She can't choose between us.

"Umm... guys I have to tell you something..." Emma said. I and Rachel stared at each with knowing glances, and back at Emma.

"I have a boyfriend," She continued "Back from college. His name is Samuel Davies, Jessie already knows him."

"Congratulations, girl." Rachel said coldly. "I'm happy for you." But Rachel didn't look happy at all, this was unnoticed by Emma of course, who was so happy for telling us the big news.

"I'm happy for you." I told her genuinely, ignoring my heavy heart.

"Thank you." She grinned.

Rachel's eyes softened and she grinned "There's Nathan, let's go." The three of us went towards Nathan and another guy, I recognized the other guy from the way he moved his hands when he talked. It was none other than Samuel Davies. I wanted to run away from there but it was too late, we had already reached them. We didn't hear what they were talking about, but they stopped talking the moment they saw us.

"Nathan!" Rachel exclaimed and threw herself in his arms. Her brother chuckled and hugged her.

"Happy birthday!" She said and pulled away, then she handed him the little box in her hands which was wrapped perfectly and beautifully.

Nathan unwrapped it slowly with a huge smile playing on his lips, he seemed like he already knew what the gift was.

"An iPod?" He laughed out loud. "You already know I don't have time for music. Let me guess. This is your way of saying: enjoy life more, Nathan!"

"Exactly!" Rachel beamed. She always had weird ideas and thoughts, even when it came to birthday gifts, I remember when we were in high school she bought soap for a girl in our mathematics class, the whole class was confused, but Rachel said proudly 'It's for you to wash your heart, you stupid girl."

But Nathan looked very happy about his present, he examined the white iPod in his hands, and put it back in the box.

"Thank you, Rachel. I will." Nathan said gently. Emma and Sam gave their presents to Nathan too, Emma's was a yellow spinner. Sam's was a few video games. It was finally my turn, I handed him my present feeling a little embarrassed that was a little larger than the others and it wasn't beautifully wrapped like Rachel's.

Nathan unwrapped it, and smiled as he saw what it was.

"It was expected..."He said, as he showed the others what it was, I have bought him Pride and Prejudice. "Thank you, Jessie. I will read it."

"You're welcome," I mumbled, finally noticing Sam's gazes on me. I couldn't take it anymore and excused myself. I went straight to rest rooms, I was breathing fast by the moment I arrived there. I looked at the mirror, and frowned. I didn't like the reflection, I didn't like that my cheeks were pink, and I looked tired. I unzipped my purse, and took out the concealer and my nude lipstick, I applied them again. I stayed there for a while, breathing deeply to calm myself. Feeling peaceful that I was there all alone, without having to see Emma and Sam. But the peace I had was soon gone, when the door of the lady's restroom was opened and Sam came in. We stared at each other for a while, then I looked away feeling my cheeks flush again, and my heart beat faster.

"I-it's the other door." I stuttered then cleared my throat, cursing myself in my mind for stuttering and getting nervous in front of Samuel Davies.

"What?" He asked. Looking calm and collected, unlike me. Also looking very handsome.

"The men's restroom... It's the other door." I said, this time my voice seemed thankfully stronger.

"I came to talk to you." He said, as he walked towards me.

"W-we have nothing to talk about, I don't want to talk." I stuttered.

"We do. I need to talk to you please." Sam's pleading voice was enough to make me do anything he wanted at that moment, but I shrugged those feelings off mentally and tried to focus on what's right and wrong.

"Alright, talk." I said, and crossed my arms over chest.