He bit his lip and seemed to be carefully thinking over his words. “I don’t think you’re weird,” my spirits dropped. He think’s somethings wrong with me. “I don’t necessarily think there’s something wrong with you either...I just think something happened that scared you. And it’s a shame that it took Lissa leaving for anyone to notice.” I nodded my head not sure how to reply. “I think you need to eat more, and that you don’t realize how great you are.” I looked out the window refusing to look at him. “I also hope that you know...that none of us would ever hurt you. Not me, or Zoey or Lianne...and especially not Jace.”

I sighed. “He told you didn’t he.”

Ian shrugged. “Don’t be mad. Boys talk occasionally.”

“Yeah I know,” I said sounding more bitter than I had intended.

“It wasn’t anything bad,” he added quickly. “He’s just worried about you.”

“He’s worried about me?” I laughed. “He locks himself in his room when Lissa calls. He isolates himself when he hears her voice. He used to be drunk nearly twentyfour/seven. All because she chose his brother. He shouldn’t be worried about me.” I sounded harsher than I should’ve been, but I was mad. The idea of people talking about me made me upset and nervous.

“People have the power to destroy others.”

“I know,” I said quietly.

“He’s just worried about you...we’re all worried about you. You don’t eat much, sometimes we have to force you to eat. You don’t like it when we get too close, sometimes you freak out. You seem scared of us. Scared of the people you’ve grown up with. Jace told me about the panic attack you had at the mall...he said the only explanation he could find was that someone was smoking. We’re all just trying to understand you, but you won’t let us.”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

He looked at me as understanding seemed to cross his face. “What did someone do to you to make you so distant? What did someone do to make you dislike yourself?”

“I don’t like being known as the ‘pretty one’ because I’m more then that, aren’t I?” I said trying to hold back tears. I hated crying in front of people more then anything. “I’m better than just my face, right?”

“You’re so much more than just your face, Zalee. You’re talented, and smart, and kind. You always put others before yourself...but I think we both know that whatever is bothering you...isn’t about your looks. Not entirely at least.”

“I don’t want to talk about.”

He looked away from me seeming hurt. “Ok. I respect that. If you ever want to though...I’m here for you. Any of us would gladly listen if it would help you.”

“Thanks, Ian.”

I felt miserable. I wanted to tell him. He obviously wanted me to tell him as well, and he sounded as if he thought I didn’t trust him.