she's a dreamer

Opal changed her name in 2018, after she thought her name Kylee just didn't cut it.
Her parents thought it would be cool for her to be named Kylee like a surfer, because her mom was from (or just has been to) California.

Opal changed her name, her hair, her attitude, even her morals. Her dad left when she was 13, just a year before she started to write.

She went from being a chaser mindset to "I don't chase I attract"

She went from having a daddy to having daddy issues.

She even went from having a pixie cut and dyed hair... (From when Dad first left) to having long blonde hair again. This was way after her dad left because she decided it could grow out and be longer again, but it was hard to stop relapsing shaving the undercut, the "middle length" just never suited her or felt good. But she kept it up until her "overcut" was to her shoulders and when she wore it down you couldn't see her undercut anymore.

When Opal grew past 18 she didn't grow breasts, but she became a woman.

She grew an ass though, and a mindset she would show her abusive dad what the fuck is up, who tf she is now.

Opal still loves her mother, who lives home across the sea and states, (U.S.) with her older and younger sister. Her dad is still 'nowhere to be found" after he left, but truly he was just hiding his new life in another state.

Opal had a boyfriend for 5 years, a polyamorous bf at that, and many girlfriends during that poly relationship. That guy was messy though, nasty person, but a minority so Opal thought she had to protect him. Eventually that guy, call him Ted, he cheated on her so much she left him, even while he was in a halfway house.
For context: Ted was in jail, he was in a rehabilitation home. He used the polyamory to suddenly sneak out and cheat and not tell her. Then finally guilt threw him, hit him like a bus, and he told her. She finally got the guts to leave him, but since she was poly for 5 to 6 years, she slowly moved back to monogamy again too, where you date one person at a time.

She felt better that way too. Where she felt valued. But she wanted to be naughty. She wanted to stop being an advocate for bad men, but she also wanted to be her liberated self. Evil girl summer? Free the angst of losing her dad and being cheated on? Oh yeah let's be naughty.