Chapter 10 - Breakfast

Beginne am Anfang

"R-Rei calm down, l-let's talk about this...

The floor shakes which prove the sheer weight as Rei puts down the table with a large thump.

(Christ why is woman in this house so strong...)

"G-goog morning Rei..." (Goog? goog? god i'm still nervous.)

"Good morning, M-mina, you're up early, ehehehe." she laughs awkwardly.

Her eyes widen as she looks steaming pots and frying pan and the breakfast laid out in the kitchen table.

"D-Did you cook all of this?"

"Oh..Y-yeah since you'd been cooking for us each day we ..i decided to make breakfast."

Just then...

"Guys! We've been rob the dinner table is!....Oh." uttered Miyoko when she saw the dinner table vertically standing near Rei.

"We made breakfast for you Rei." Miyoko smiled.

(What do you mean we!)

"....What do you mean we?" Rei said while looking at Miyoko.

"I mean Mina made breakfast for you Rei, ehehehe..." she laughs embarrassingly.

"I did wake him up though because he want's to make breakfast especially for you Rei!" Miyoko continued.

"H-huh?!" he approaches Miyoko and quietly shouts at her.

"W-what are you talking about, Miyoko...You!"

"Shut your trap and play along, i'm doing this for you." she whispers.

"Mina, made it for me...?"

"That's right! come on let's...(awkwardly looking at the dinner table) Let's put this back at the dining room so you could eat the delicious breakfast Mina has prepared for you."

We put, back the dinner table at the dining room.

Miyoko pushes Reimako along and she sits down her seat.

"A-all right then..."

she hesitates but picks up her chopsticks.

"Uhm..it doesn't look great but it bet it's delicious."

"Hey! No breakfast for you then," he said while picking up Miyoko's plate which she instantly grabs as they play a the breakfast plate tug of war.

Rei takes a bite of the bass.

Sorry not sorry..xD

"I-is it alright, Rei?" he nervously asked

"It tastes good."

"Huh?"

"It tastes really good, Mina." she turns to me with a beaming smile.

"R-Really?"

"Y-yeah did you marinate it first before frying it? I never had bass that taste like this before, can you tell me the recipe?"

"Of course, glad you like it." (wow she knew that i marinate it first.)

"Thank you, i can't believe you made breakfast for everyone, and thank you for making this for me."

"It's the least i could do, and it's my pleasure." he smiled.

(Ah..that smile i want to protect that smile.)

I let out a sigh of relief.

Just then, Miyoko shrugs me with her elbow and whispers.

"Hey, nows the time to talk about what happen yesterday so you can patch things up with her."

"Oh! R-right..."

I take a deep breath.

"H-hey Rei.."

"Hmn?"

"I-i'm really sorry about yesterday..."

"Huh?...Oh..." Rei's face instantly turns bright red.

"N-no, please don't apologize..."

"Huh?!"

"It was me who knocked over the pot...If you haven't protected me i could end up with that burn...so i should be the one who should apologize to you..."

She looks bashful but timidly looks at me.

"Thank you for protecting me."

"N-no need to thank me, I'd always be there to protect you." he mumbled without thinking.

"But still, i wanted to apologize to you Rei."(In all that confusion i ended up touching...her...)

It seems Rei is thinking the same way as him.

"I-It was only an accident, so don't worry about it..."(did he just said he'd always be there to protect me?)

"O-Oh, but, still i'm sorry, I'll be more careful in the future."

"Oh, no..."

They just sat there in sullen silence awkwardly waiting for each other to speak.

Then...

Rei looks at his face and give him a little smile.

"It seems that for the past few days we always end up thanking and apologizing each other, i can't help the feeling of Deja-Vu." she said timidly.

"But, you really are kind, Mina."

"What happens in the bathroom, and what happened yesterday was just an accident but you apologize each time."

"Well, of course, it was my fault after all..."

"T-There you go again blaming yourself for something you don't have control of not mentioning the fact you save me twice."

"I did?"

"You did." she smiled gratefully.

......

She usually looks away at him timidly but now she's staring at him.

Then, blushing lightly she looks away and murmurs.

"I..i think i misunderstood you, Mina."

"Hmn? W-what?"

"Oh! Nothing!" 

Then, as if to cover up Rei reaches for the Miso soup. and takes a sip of it.

"Oh! This miso soup is delicious too, it' has a light and somewhat sweet, broth."

"R-Really? That's good to hear."

She began eating breakfast joyfully.

(I thought she was going to say something just now...)

(I'm glad we clear up any misunderstanding between us, now i can eat without worries.)

As he sat there absentmindedly gazing at her.

Just then...

"Hey, Mina..." Miyoko whispered.

"It's going well, isn't it? My cooking breakfast plan is a success."

"Y-yeah, you didn't help me with the cooking though, but thanks anyway."

"Semantics," she replied.

Then, a few days later....