Journey to danger

The three eggs hatched the same day Tom brought them back . Coming out of each were baby dragon the size of a tennis ball looking all tiny, reptile like and bony, they squeaked a lot and hopped like little crickets, they had a voracious appetite and could only eat raw meat.  They had each chosen a dragon and the first time they held the dragon, each one of them got pecked on the palmar surface of their wrist. Beneath the cover of the box was a white scroll that glowed with writing each time a person took it. Bob was the one who first noticed the scroll after the eggs had hatched, he notified uncle Marcus who sat the down, he had been dreading this day but he knew it was inevitable.
'As you all know right from the beginning, I told you how your parents tragically died and why we needed to stay away from the kingdom all your lives, but these dragons are from a collection of the king and he is no doubt looking for them' he had this solemn expression as he talked.
'Who stole it then? , why would they bring it to us?' Bob asked. They all look puzzled .
'I am not the only one who knows of your existence, there is a rebellion out there who believe you three are the ones to bring an end to the tyrannical rule' Marcus replied
Tom opened his mouth to laugh then noticed the expression on uncle Marcus , he was extremely serious about this.
'From today, you will have to mature at a faster rate, we will travel to a kingdom not far from here, where we shall meet some people who can help with your training' he continued
'Training?' interjected Humphrey
'Yes training' continued Marcus , we need to turn you into warriors as soon as possible because if my guess is right, the king is out looking for his eggs or now dragons, and with the wealth and abundance of magic and resources at his feet, it would be an easy feat to find you, we need to make sure we are st least prepared.
'Why can't we just return them' Humphrey asked silently as if scared of the dragons were hearing them, they had grown alarmingly fast and were about three foot tall in the space of a week. He knew they wouldn't return the dragons because they had felt a certain attachment to them, but he needed to ask, he did not like fights and always wanted to take the easier way out . He could feel Tom shooting him a glare but he ddnt care.
'We can't, because in over 20 years of this tyrannical rule, this is the first glitter of hope to overthrow him, it has fallen to us to deliver this kingdom from this unjust king. Fights are to be avoided Humphrey but when the stakes are this big they are necessary. To combat evil one must use love and when it fails, aggression . I have always taught you, unless your neighbour is sound and safe, you aren't a real man if you have the power to influence his condition and you do not.' Marcus preached. He ushered them to go out and tender to the dragons . While they were away, he removed his gloves and made a thunderlike circle appear using his right hand to draw a circular motion on the floor while chanting 'mirondis minre' , suddenly there was someone else in the circle with their backs turned.
'Oeder!' he whispered
The woman heard the noise and turned back to see the circle in mid air with Marcus looking at her, for a second there was shock on her face, then relief. They greeted each other like old friends and Marcus informed her that they will be arriving tomorrow. After he finished talking, the circle vanished and he sat down to ponder in his thought, for 18 years he had hidden the triplets from the king and tomorrow it was all about to change , the safe warm blankets and hot meaty soups will be replaced by cold hard rocky beds and possible starvation, they were going to a kingdom so poor that the kind doesn't bother with it. It was east and beyond the forest in the opposite way to the kingdom. He sighed and silently made a prayer that the kids will live up to the task because from now on, it was killed or be killed .