1.7 | Area Boss

Left alone in the corridor in a heap of thought, Rose realized there was something else amiss on the school grounds. She swiftly picked herself up, not feeling the pain she experienced earlier with her wounds already gone.

On her right, she saw the night sky. It had suddenly gotten dark when it was only a little brighter not too long ago. Then the northern gate creaked to a close... Rose has been locked inside.

The building had suddenly changed to an eerie place, with faint whispering in the corners. A mist could be seen all around, as if something was bound to appear at anytime. Rose was shaken, she didn't know what was going on but she knew she needed to leave now lest trouble prevents her from going home. However, she hadn't completed a step when she could hear faint footsteps coming her way. The steps were even, calm and creepy.

What could be inside the school building during its Lockdown?

When school ends for the day, it undergoes Lockdown. It is a security measure to keep intruders at bay, hence no electricity; nothing else functions properly inside. And monsters not around during the day begin to appear, twice as dangerous.

Rose did not want to encounter danger, so she quietly went inside her classroom but it was locked. It wouldn't budge no matter how much strength she used to pull the sliding door.

She turned around and ran to the opposite direction from where the faint steps were coming from. Swiftly, she climbed up the nearby stairs and soon, she found herself in a corridor with barely any light. Deeper along the corridor, the mouth of darkness await its prey. She shivered at the sight.

Going up further would expose her to more darkness, going down, she would encounter the unknown. Her heart drummed in suspense, she needed to decide soon because the faint steps were coming up the stairs not long after.

Sweat begun to trickle down her forehead, her hands wet in perspiration. Her legs brought her towards the upper level, and just as she was about to reach the last step, she heard a deep growl, coming forth from the darkness just beyond the unfathomable nothingness of the current floor.

There was something hidden in the cover of the night. Something dangerous and alarming, the sound was that of a huge entity that had found its prey.

Rose didn't have anymore time to ponder things, she continued to advance to the higher floors and for every floor, she would hear different sounds of unimaginable creatures. Shrieking, buzzing, bellowing, hissing and all sorts of instinctive echoes.

She briefly stopped upon reaching the 6th floor, which was the last floor before the rooftop. She caught her breathe, calmed her nerves and listened carefully once again. Her throat was so parched that it was painful to inhale, her heart continued to drum her anxiousness.

She was not safe yet.

She had no choice but to venture the rooftop. However, it wasn't long before she figured it was locked. With nowhere to advance in sight, she slumped down onto the floor and hoped for tomorrow to come soon. 

Just when she was wishing the entity walking in even steps wouldn't come to the roof, she found herself scared silly hearing that same fearful steps coming up the stairs. She was at a dead end with no gadget to fight against.

Yet when she huddled herself in the corner, within the cover of the darkness, a figure loomed over her... She shivered at the touch of hot breathe caressing her skin that covered her head. She had been found.

But nothing else was abound until she lifted her head up to see white texts glaring her eyes. 

[Which NPC is this, Psycho? Do you see the name? Is there a bug?]