Chapter 17

Tris pov
1 year later

*Sorry for all the time jumps*

I sit on the bed and slip my heels on. Today Tobias and I are going to a fancy party to congratulate Tobias's new position at work. His boss set it up.

Tobias is now a detective, he's worked so hard for it.

Tobias and I are getting married in 14 days so we are super busy with that lately.

Tobias's parents and my parents insisted we have a big wedding. So we agreed because why not. Our parents are paying for a lot of it anyway.

Tobias walks into the room while I'm putting my earrings on.

"Do you know if the baby sitter is on her way" I ask

She's a really sweet girl the baby sitter we trust her a lot. The #1 rule is no leaving the house with Elena. We don't want what happened to Levi to happen again.

"She called and said she's 5 minutes away" Tobias says wrapping his arms around me.

"You look so gorgeous" he says against the skin on my neck.

He leaves small kisses going down my neck making me lay my head back on him.

"This dress fits your body perfectly babe" He says referring to my black knee length dress.

"Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself" I say

"When we get home you're all mine" He whispers in my ear and I nod with a giggle.

"I like the sound of that" I say and we kiss.

There's a knock at the door and it's the baby sitter.

Tobias pulls away from our kiss and goes to answer the door.

I get Elena from her playpen and hold her in my arms while Sarah the baby sitter comes in.

"Sarah how are you" I say hugging her

"Good. How are you Ms." She says

"Good, Good" I say

"We're going to start heading out" Tobias says to her and she nods

"If she gets hungry there's a plate of food for her in the fridge and there's money on the counter so you can order something to eat. We should be back by 11" I say to her

"Thank you" She says and I hand her Elena

"Be a good girl bug. Mommy and daddy will be home soon" I say kissing Elena's head.

"What's the number 1 rule" I say grabbing my coat and getting ready to head out the door.

"Do not leave the house" Sarah says and I nod

"Good girl" I say and Tobias starts pushing us out the door

"Thanks Sarah. Tris is just overly protective, we know you will do a great job" He says and we leave.

___________________________________

"Detective Eaton." A man says coming over to Tobias and I with a cup of alcohol in his hand.

"Detective warren how are you sir" Tobias says shaking his hand

"Good. Who is this pretty little lady standing here" Detective warren ask

"My fiancé Tris. Tris this is Detective Warren one of my bosses" Tobias says introducing us

"Very nice to meet you sir" I say

"Pleasure meeting you too" he says

"So I hear you two are getting married. Thinking about having more kids, that little girl of yours is beautiful" he adds

"Maybe in the future but for now we are good. Right honey" Tobias says to me and I smile up at him

"Totally agree" I say

"You two are adorable. If I don't see you before the wedding congratulations. I can see you two make each other happy" He says then walks away.

We spend the rest of the night talking to Tobias work friends. Lindsey didn't show up, her and Tobias don't talk much anymore.
___________________________________

We get home and as soon as I get inside I slip off my heels, my feet are killing me.

Sarah walks up to us and hands me the baby monitor.

"She was amazing as always. I never have a problem with her. She's sound asleep in her bed" Sarah says holding her stuff then leaving.

"Thanks Sarah" Tobias and I say while she leaves.

I lock the door behind her and feel Tobias strong arms around my waist.

"Want to pick up where we left off earlier" Tobias says pushing my hair to the side to kiss my neck.

"I'm exhausted" I say turning to look at him

"It's fine babe. It's fine" he says holding my waist.

"I'm sorry. I'm not in the mood anymore." I say

"It's okay" He says with a laugh

I give him a long kiss and when he tries to deepen it I pull away and walk towards our room.

Comment some ideas you have
I would love to hear them