Chapter 9

If days ago, you told Louis that he would have someone with him other than Zayn, he would've laughed at your face really hard. It seemed almost impossible to him that he'll ever get a friend. But now he has Harry.

They both got along real well. Louis was still shy but Harry didn't mind it one bit. He actually loved to see Louis blush every now and then. It looked adorable to Harry. Louis was adorable to Harry.

It had been a week since the lunch they had together and since then Harry never stopped sending texts to the shy boy. In return he got texts back. He was proud of himself because he finally got the guy with thick walls around him to actually open the first wall for him. And he firmly believed that if he could get the first wall down, he can get the last wall down as well. He just has to not give up and not be pushed away.

Louis laid on his bed with his stomach up. It had taken a lot of him to admit to Zayn that maybe he liked Harry but never did he have the courage to tell that to Harry. At least he wasn't going to be the first one to tell the other out of them two. He knew Zayn kept on saying Harry might feel the same but until Harry doesn't say it himself, he would not believe a word Zayn says about this matter.

He could hear Zayn rustling things in the kitchen and felt completely useless. He couldn't cook anything for shit, well except for those sandwiches. But they were just sandwiches. Everyone and anyone could make sandwiches. Plus its been more than a week he got fired and he was still jobless. He did went to search for places hiring, but was unlucky. Like always as he thought.

Images of his mum and dad nagging him about how worthless he is and how he never got anything done right started flashing in front of his eyes. He could still feel the first slap he got on his left cheek by his dad. It stung like hell and he remembered every single bit of that scene.

He tried to clear his mind but one flashback led to another and he could not control his thoughts anymore. He could feel tears trickle out of his eyes and he hated every time it happened. It made him realize how weak he was.

"Go away." He held his ears and shut his eyes tightly. Tears didn't stop and neither did the flashbacks.

"Please go away." He whimpered, not moving his position. He sat up and started rocking himself back and forth. He wanted to call out for Zayn but he didn't have the power to yell his name.

He heard voices coming from the kitchen maybe, and he panicked. There were possibly people out there and now he definitely could not call Zayn. Fearing that people would see him in this horrendous state, he lost control even more.

He started trembling. He wanted Zayn. He wanted help. He wanted assuring words. He wanted consoling. He wanted Harry.

"Zayn." A low voice escaped his lips, which Louis would describe as pathetic.

"Please. Help." He moved his hand to support himself off the bed but ended up falling, pulling the lamp on the bedside table down with him. It smashed making Louis flinch. By now his face was flooded with tears and his eyes were red. He grabbed his hair in a fist and started pulling to reduce the trauma but it didn't come to any aid.

"Zayn!" He gathered all the energy he had left to call the name, but during the call the door already flew open and he could see shadows of people from the corner of his aching eye.

"Louis! Oh my god! What happened?" He heard Zayn's voice from across the room followed by footsteps running to him.

Soon he was engulfed in oh so familiar arms of Zayn.

"What happened Lou?" Louis didn't answer, he just cried attaching Zayn even more to himself. Zayn off course held on tighter.

He motioned his hand as if he's holding a glass of water near his mouth and mouthed 'water' to the other person and the other person stood up and ran to get water almost instantly.