eight

"George, sweetheart, you have to eat up soon. Your dad's going to be here any minute," I told George on Tuesday morning. He was currently sitting in the kitchen with a bowl of cereal in front of him while I was getting ready for work. 

George put a spoonful of cereal in his mouth as I left the kitchen and headed to my room, currently trying to find my phone. We'd slept in this morning, so I was stressing out over everything. 

I ended up finding my phone in the bathroom, laying on the floor beside the toilet. I picked it up and slipped it into my back pocket, then headed back into the kitchen. George had now almost eaten up the cereal, which was lucky, because only a few minutes later, the doorbell rang. 

George stayed to finish his food while I headed to the hall and opened the door. There stood Harry, smiling at me as the door was opened. 

"Hey," He said. 

"Hi," I replied. "George is just finishing his breakfast. You can come in if you want," 

Harry walked inside and took off his shoes, then followed me to the kitchen. George's face lit up at the sight of his dad and he jumped off his chair shouting, "Daddy!" 

"Hey, George," Harry smiled at his son and picked him up, giving him a hug. "You ready to meet your grandma and auntie today?" 

George nodded eagerly and smiled. 

"When do you want me to bring him here again?" Harry asked, turning his head towards me. 

"Just bring him home whenever. I understand your mum and sister want to spend some time with him," I replied. "George, why don't you go and find the toys you wanted to bring? You and Daddy have to leave soon, because Mummy has to go to work," 

"Okay, Mummy," 

Harry put George down, and then the little boy ran off to his room. 

"I think you and I need to meet one day and discuss how we're, you know, gonna deal with this situation. Like, when will he be at my house, when are we gonna tell the media, and that sort of stuff," Harry said. 

"Yeah, I agree," I replied. "But, about the media thing; for me, it doesn't really matter when you let them know about him, as long as you promise to make sure he stays out of the spotlight. I don't want there to be reporters and paparazzis around him all the time," 

"I know, I don't want that either. The best for him would be to grow up away from all that. Especially since that's what he's already used to," As he finished the sentence, George returned to the room, holding a bunch of toy cars and trains in his arms. "Are you ready to go?" 

George nodded and walked to the hall, where he dropped his toys on the floor. Then, he picked up his shoes and attempted to put them on himself. 

"I'll help him. You just get ready for work. Don't wanna make you be late," Harry said and walked over to George. He crouched down next to him and helped the toddler tie his shoes. I smiled weakly to myself before I headed to my room to collect my backpack. 

When I returned, George had both shoes on and was currently getting help putting on his jacket. 

"Have a great day with Daddy," I said to George after his jacket was on. "I'll see you tonight," 

"You're not coming too?" George asked. 

"No, I have to go to work," I replied. "But I will see you tonight. Bye, sweetheart," 

"Bye, Mummy," he replied and waved me off as he and Harry exited the flat. When they'd left, I put on my own shoes and jacket before leaving the flat myself. My work wasn't far away, so I walked there. 

"Hello, Rose," One of my co-workers, Hannah, smiled at me as I entered the clothing shop. 

"Hi," I replied, smiling. 

"Wanna explain to me why there's pictures on Twitter of you, George and Harry Styles hanging out together?" she asked, taking a sip of her cup of coffee. 

"Oh, right," I said, awkwardly coughing. "Harry is George's father," 

Hannah's eyes widened, and she didn't speak for a few moments. 

"You're kidding, right?" 

"Actually, no," I said. "When I told Harry I was pregnant, he didn't want the baby, so we broke up. We didn't speak after that, but I bumped into him about one week ago and now he wants to be in George's life," 

"You're pretty much living a real-life fanfiction, d'you know that?" Hannah laughed. "But seriously though, Harry Styles didn't want to be in his son's life? The media's got a very wrong idea about him then. I thought he was better than that," 

"Tell me about it," I said, chuckling. 

Shortly after, we opened the store and people started coming inside. Hannah was walking around cleaning and such, and one of our other co-workers Simon was helping her. Meanwhile, I was standing by the cash register. 

The items we sell in the store are girl-based, so we only ever see girls shopping in the store. And I suppose that's why I was so surprised when a guy stepped up to the counter, holding a bunch of girl clothes in his hands. I didn't say anything on it, so I just started scanning the items. 

"They're not for me, if that's what you think," the guy chuckled. I looked up at him and smiled back. He was rather good-looking; tall, blonde hair and had a great sense of style. "They're for my sister. Her boyfriend broke up with her a couple of days ago, and she's pretty bummed," 

"And you're trying to cheer her up? How sweet," I said. "I'm sure your sister's going to be really happy when you give her this. I know I'd be. How old's your sister?" 

"She's sixteen," he replied and I gave him a nod.

"That'll be £45, by the way," I said. 

"Yes, right," he said and reached out for his wallet in his back pocket. He pulled out the money and handed me the money. "Um, you aren't by any chance free tonight? It's just that you're really pretty, and I would love to take you out," 

I smiled before answering, "If you give me your number, I'll text you when I know," 

I handed him my phone and let him enter his number in my contacts. As he handed it back to me, he said, "I'm James, by the way," 

"I'm Rose," 

"Hopefully I'll see you tonight then, Rose," 

-------

hope you like this! 

- m i a h.