Chapter 8

Lindsey looked up real fast from her phone and smiled, "This is him?"

I saw Garrett start to smirk, "You talked about me?" he teased.

"She wouldn't shut up about you," I heard Faith say next to him. His smirk grew if that was possible.

"Aren't you supposed to be on shift?" I changed the subject.

"Yeah, but nothing is going on right now. I have the truck if something does happen while I'm here though. I told you I would be stopping by soon and I was bored so I thought why not. Plus I never got your number and I thought I could get that," Faith and Lindsey were watching us intensely.

Faith gave me a piece of paper excitedly and I wrote my number. "Here you go," I said as I handed him the piece of paper. "And if you were wondering who these two people are that are staring at us. That's Faith, my best friend, and that's Lindsey, a customer I just met," I introduced them to each other. Garrett shook their hands and then turned back to me.

"I should get back to the station, but what time do you close?" he asked.

"Seven, why?" I watched Faith and Lindsey's heads move like watching a tennis game.

"Perfect, I actually need a haircut and I get off at six. See you later," He smiled and then turned to walk out.

"He's coming back!" Faith squealed when she knew he was gone. "Don't lose him, Chloe. He's like a model," she was practically drooling over Garrett and that made me think of when I first saw him yesterday.

"Faith, did you forget about Ian?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. It's no harm if he doesn't know I'm talking about another man," she joked. "Seriously, though, you have to keep going out with him. Lindsey, what do you think?"

Lindsey has been silent ever since Garrett left. She had shock written over her face and was still staring at the door which he left from ten minutes ago.

"Lindsey?" I gently touched her arm as she shook out of her daze.

"What? Oh, yeah I like my hair thanks for doing a great job," she said randomly.

Faith and I couldn't control our laughter. It was about five minutes later when we recollected ourselves and Lindsey was staring at us with a confused expression. "I asked you what you thought about Garrett? By the look on your face and the daze you were in I can tell you were taken by his charm too," Faith still laughing a little bit.

"Oh, Chloe he is definitely dreamy. He looks like he just popped out of a magazine. Plus you two look cute together," she said as she was going through her wallet to pay me. "How much does this cost?"

"Fifty dollars." I said while thinking about how Garrett and I looked together. Lindsey fished out the money and handed me an extra ten for a tip.

"Thank you so much. Come again," I said as I put the cash into the register.

"Absolutely and you better fill me in on the details with Garrett next time I see you," we waved goodbye and it was just around our lunch break. Faith flipped the sign over saying be back in thirty minutes.

Faith and I went to the little diner down the street to have lunch. We were both in the mood for breakfast, so we went to Little Poland. There Challah French Toast was amazing and I get that every time we come here with a coffee. Faith always gets the Western Omelet with coffee.

Thirty minutes later we made our way back to the salon and got back to our routine for the next couple hours. I was just finishing up a trim when the door chimed again. We have been busy since we came back from lunch. The morning is usually always dull because everyone is usually working.

"Chloe, it's for you," Faith singed. I looked over to the front and saw Garrett waiting in a chair.

I sent my customer to go to the front to pay the amount and then walked to greet Garrett. "Hey, do you know what you want?"

"I'm thinking about the comb over haircut look. What do you think?" he looked up with his green eyes curiously.

"That'll look good. You can sit down in the back and I'll be right with you." I saw Faith waving her hand to get me to go over to her.

I watched Garrett pick and seat in the far corner as I walked up to Faith, "What?"

"You better agree to go out with him after we close. Now go," I was confused by what she said because he never asked me to go out with him afterwards as she pushed me towards him.

"Alright, you ready?" I asked.

"I think so. Are you?" he smiled up at me through the mirror.

"I'm a professional. No need to worry," I smiled back and started to get to work. I could feel his gaze on me the whole time. Watching me trim some of the hair and buzz off the correct length off the sides.

I was getting a bit nervous on why he was staring so intensely at me. Was I doing something wrong? I didn't want to screw up his hair. Hair is what makes up a person's appearance and the first thing people will look at, so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong.

When I was finished cutting and washing his hair. I started to comb it through and style it. "All done. Do you like it?" I said while combing my hands through it. I have that habit of doing that once I finish up with a customer. When I noticed myself doing that I stopped.

"Yeah. You're really good at your job and can tell your interested in it. I couldn't stop staring at how focused you were. You remind me of myself when I'm in the middle of saving lives," He stood up so he towered over me now. He looked towards the clock and saw it was almost seven. "What are you doing after you close?"

I looked towards Faith and saw her looking since no one else was in here since they knew we were about to close, "Nothing. Why?"

"How about I buy you dinner at my favorite place," His eyes lit up waiting for my answer.

"Sure. Faith and I just have to clean up," I said as I heard the door chime. I looked and couldn't find Faith any where. I walked up to the front desk and saw a note from Faith.

'Had to leave, the dog got out.' Faith doesn't have a dog, so she was trying to get Garrett and I alone with each other.

I felt his breath on my neck as he read the note over my shoulder, "Does she have a dog?"

"No," I laughed as I threw the note away and went to go get the cleaning supplies. Garrett stood awkwardly by a chair and I gave him a broom, towel, and Lysol.

"Who said I would help?" He looked at me with his head tilted to the side and a smirk on his face.

"I did," I nudged his shoulder. "Now get to work or we won't be out of here till eight."

I was busy cleaning when I felt something tap my leg. I looked behind me and saw Garrett with a playful smile on his face. He had hit me with the broom looking for attention since I was deep in thought with cleaning the tables and mirrors. So he wants to play? I thought as I took my rag and smacked him on the arm. He gave me a shock look and then saw his eyes hold something that I knew if I didn't start running to hide I would be in deep trouble. I started to run to the front so we had a desk in between us. I tried to trick him by thinking I was going one way, but going the other. He knew what I was doing plus he's taller and faster that he caught me.

"Did you think you could get away?" He playfully asked.

"Yeah. I did," He turned me around and kissed me.

"I've been waiting to do that since I seen you this morning, but your friends were gawking at me and made me a little uncomfortable., He laughed.

His laugh always made me smile. I ran my hands through his hair while looking into his eyes. "Me too and you don't have to worry about them. We should finish up cleaning though."

We got back to cleaning and finished in ten minutes and we started walking to his favorite restaurant. He wouldn't tell me what or where it was, so I just followed him and had to wait impatiently to find out.