“So, are you going to the ball?” He questioned.

“Um, I guess so. Your mother insisted that she have all of these gowns made and fitted for me.” I smiled looking up at him.

“Well then I believe you must come.” He chuckled.

            We walked in comfortable silence for a while longer before I spotted something an opening in the trees ahead on the path.

“What’s that?” I queried.

            We hurried to the opening and gazed inside. A meadow had been formed with tons and tons of wild flowers.

“It’s beautiful.” I gasped.

“Just like you.” Alex whispered. I don’t think he intended for me to hear it so I simply brushed it off, but not before smiling to myself.

            We walked in and Alex pulled out all of the food. There were rolls, some meat, and a jug of water. It wasn’t anything special but I hadn’t had a lot of breakfast so I was starving. I grabbed a roll and lay on my back enjoying it. Alex did the same next to me.

            What am I thinking!? He’s the prince and I’m a peasant girl whose father just happens to be on the king’s council. He would never think of liking me.

His smooth, velvet voice broke the silence.

“I’m sorry for not telling you the truth.” He sat up, looking at me.

“You’re fine. It was just surprising that’s all.” I smiled up at him.

“But I should have told you.”

SNAP!!

            Both of our heads snapped towards the entrance to the meadow to see the one and only Sir Edward.

“Why won’t he leave me alone?” I whimpered so that only Alex and I could hear.  

“There you are Lady Victoria.” Edward walked towards us pretending not to notice Alex. “Your father was looking for you. He needs to speak with you right away.”

I closed my eyes before turning to Alex.

“Thank you, I had a wonderful time.” I gave him a warm smile and he stood up offering me his hand. I got up and followed Edward, who was grinning like a maniac, out of the clearing.

            We made our way back to the castle but when we were about to get out of the woods, Edward grabbed my arm and started leading me through a different path.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“You’ll find soon enough.” He answered gruffly.

We walked for about five more minutes before Edward stopped. We were still in the woods with nothing spectacular around.

“What are we doing here?” I asked again.

Edward turned towards me with a devilish grin plastered on his conniving face. He moved closer to me; so close that I could feel his hot breath fanning my face. He lifted up a hand and softly caressed my face. I took a step back feeling violated.

“Come on Victoria. I am so in love with you. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. Just one kiss.” He moved closer and I kept backing up. My back hit a tree and I started to turn to run but his rough hand landed on my waist and pinned me against the tree.

“HEL-” I started to scream but he forced his lips onto mine causing my plea’s to become muffled. I thrashed but his iron grip was too strong for me to move against. He then pinned my hands behind my back and covered my mouth with one hand while he kept the other on my waist. He started to move down my neck and I started panicking. I managed to bite his hand and he yowled in pain.