"We didn't exactly set a date to meet one another again," Medusa said as she concluded her story. "Since we were on the topic of 'Greek mythology'," she chuckled, "she said she wanted to leave it to the gods if they meant for us to meet again."

At the way the goddesses were adoringly smiling at Medusa's story, the latter felt like she was being cheered on by two very proud sapphic mothers. The thought made her chuckle.

"I will call literally every single god and goddess if it meant you two meeting again," Aphrodite said, to which Athena agreed.

"Don't be ridiculous," Medusa laughed. "I'll just see where it goes, I guess." She stood up. "Anyway, I hope I wasn't talking too much. The party?"

"Right," Athena said before she turned to Aphrodite. "You're driving?" she asked.

Aphrodite winked. "We both know you prefer riding," she said, before standing up to leave Athena speechless. She was a puddle after that.

And Medusa could not help but burst into laughter at the stunned goddess of wisdom. It was no secret that the two had a very playful relationship loaded with sexual tension, and Medusa silently hoped that they would finally do something about it already. Athena could not see it, but Aphrodite was just waiting for her to make a move.

The three arrived at Aphrodite's luxurious mansion half an hour later. It was everything one would expect of the residence of a woman who could get anything and everything she wanted: from the polished marble floors, extravagant chandeliers, and grand staircase, to the breathtaking library, seemingly endless garden, and sparkling infinity pool. It was picturesque and somehow impossibly spotless.

How the goddess was able to purchase the place is often a curiosity given that no one knew if she even had a job, but it was no secret that with her extraordinary charm and the unimaginable economic quality of her perpetual list of suitors, financing was never going to be a problem for her.

Once the trio walked into the jam-packed guest's area full of the city's A-listers, all heads turned towards the door, and as usual, all rushed to speak with any one of them. Medusa despised the attention as much as Aphrodite revelled in it. Meanwhile, Athena just headed straight for the wine.

"Medusa, you look ravishing, as always. Can I get you a drink?"

"I have a reservation for tomorrow evening at the Maison Pic. We can fly tonight. Would you like to join me?"

"If you'd just consider my marriage proposal again..."

Medusa was endlessly bombarded with the same men who have been trying to ask for her hand in marriage—or for herself for the night—for the past several years, all of which she has insistently denied for the same period.

After grabbing a bottle of beer for herself, Medusa immediately excused herself and headed outside for some fresh air. Unsurprisingly, a man showed up to her side no less than five minutes since she had stepped out.

"Why aren't you enjoying yourself at the party?" the stranger asked.

Medusa glanced at the stranger and found a tall, gorgeous man in a flawlessly tailored suit. He had hard, perfectly sculpted features that appropriately matched his very fit figure, though despite his pleasing appearance he exuded a peculiar charm reminiscent of a corrupt politician's. Medusa did not quite like that.

"I don't do parties," she replied. She was about to leave when he spoke again.

"My name is Conrad. I'm in real estate." He seemed to be lifting up his wineglass to bring attention to the sparkling Rolex on his wrist.

"Okay."

"May I know your name?" he inquired.

"That won't be necessary." Medusa sighed, wishing she never went to the party in the first place and instead stayed with Jasmine. At the thought of her new acquaintance, she found herself having to fight a smile.

"Your husband must be a very protective man."

She had heard the husband line a thousand times. It was a typical not-so-subtle move to find out the marital status of a woman. She had to stop herself from rolling her eyes at the overused tactic.

"Are you insinuating that I look old enough to be married?" she asked blankly.

Obviously taken aback, the man stopped talking for a moment. "I–I didn't mean it like that."

She stayed silent as she finished her beer.

"I think you're incredibly beautiful," he said in an attempt to eliminate the awkward silence. "I would love to take you out sometime." 

"I appreciate the offer."

The glass doors separating the two from the rest of the party slid open, causing a temporary surge of noise before it slid back closed. It was Aphrodite walking towards Medusa, her heels clacking across the marble tiles.

"Medusa," Aphrodite said, making the two turn around to face the goddess.

"Hi, Aphrodite," Conrad greeted with a smile that revealed his failed attempt of concealing his desperate desire for her attention.

"Would you give us some privacy, Conrad?" she requested, to which the man agreed. His obvious excitement upon being given the slightest attention by Aphrodite was almost hilarious. He left the two and returned to the party.

"Thanks for saving me from him," Medusa said as Aphrodite neared her.

Aphrodite chuckled. "I'm sure you could've bitched him away without my assistance."

"That's true," she replied with an amused smile. "I don't know... I just don't like flashy men who can't come up with anything to say besides you're beautiful."

Aphrodite nodded in agreement. "Women are a lot more creative."

"That's why I prefer women," Medusa chuckled. "Got your eyes on anyone at the moment?" she asked, nodding her head towards the party.

"Maybe." Aphrodite turned around so they both viewed the rest of the party through the glass doors. Her eyes quickly found Athena, who seemed to be longingly searching the room for someone. Aphrodite warmly smiled at the sight, and Medusa wondered if the rosiness on her cheeks was owing to the wine, or to a certain goddess to which her eyes were glued.

"Athena isn't seeing anyone, right?" she asked, surprising Medusa. "Why's that?"

Medusa replied, "Maybe you should ask her."

Aphrodite nervously bit her lower lip. "I don't know," she said softly after a long pause. Evidently anxious, Aphrodite instantly downed the wine in her glass. "Come back inside with me. There are some people I'd love for you to meet."

"I'm not really interested in meeting any more people. But if you meant to say Come back inside with me so I can talk to Athena, then of course, I would love to."

Aphrodite smiled and her cheeks turned even more crimson than usual.

"Come on, let's go in," Medusa said.

"If this all works out," Aphrodite began, "I swear I will do everything in my power to make sure you and your new lady work out."

"I'll hold you to that."