Pretty Little Garden

"Marce, cut that out."

"Why should I?" Marcella teased, tearing the grass from the yard in handfuls and dropping it on Hannah.

"Because I said so!" Hannah snapped, although she was grinning. "You won't get a flower crown for our anniversary!"

"No flower crown?" Marcella gasped dramatically, raising an arm to her head and laying back in the clutter of flowers. "Oh, woe is me!"

"Get up, you dork," Hannah snorted.

"Shan't. Not till I've gotten my crown."

"Well you're gonna be waiting a few weeks, then," Hannah rolled her eyes. "It's only the beginning of June."

"Oh boo," Marcella huffed, stretching out in the flowers. "Why does time have to take so long?"

"Ah well. In the meantime," Hannah giggled and laid down next to her girlfriend, hugging her close and nuzzling the side of her face. Marcella laughed as the other girl kissed her cheek multiple times.

"That's gay," she said happily.

"We're lesbians," Hannah retorted.

"You right, you right," Marcella nodded. She sat up and rolled over to straddle Hannah, propping herself up on her hands and leaning down to lightly kiss her lips. "I love you, y'know that?"

"Maybe," Hannah mused, running a hand through her girlfriend's hair. "Might help me to remember if I hear it again."

"I love you," Marcella repeated with a slight laugh. "I love you. You're beautiful. And cute."

"You're beautifuler," Hannah giggled, holding Marcella's face and pulling her down to kiss her again. "And cuter. And very lovely."

Marcella blushed and smiled. Hannah took a flower from the grass and tucked it behind Marcella's ear.

"And now you'll smell better, too."

"Hehe, shut up," Marcella shoved her slightly before moving to lay beside her again. "Dork."

"Gay."

"Lesbian."