Prolouge

6 months ago:
Isle of the Lost.
Nelani POV

"Lani! Lani!" I heard Jay yell.
"Jay! Where have you been idiot?" I ask.
"Mal and the others." He says. I give him a playful smirk and he shoves my shoulder, making me stumble and run into a wall. I glare at him and brush my shoulders. Jay grins at me and laughs. Boys will be boys.
"So what's up with them these days?" I ask, tossing my platinum locks over my shoulder and jumping up to sit on a bunch of crates. I ignore the shouts of "Oi!" and "Get off!" and "Move it runt!"
"Lani, there's news." Jay says.
"What's the goss? Mal have a crush on some pretty boy that isn't you?" I ask.
"I'm serious!" He says.
"What's up idiot, you know I was teasing."
"Lani... Mal, Evie, Carlos and I have been invited to go to Aurodon." Jay blurts. I blink twice.
"What?" I ask. "No, Jay please you can't leave." I beg.
"There's nothing I can do, Maleficent and Dad already agreed on my behalf." Jay's shoulders slump and his usually cheeky grin disappears into a depressing frown.
"I can't be here without you. Your all I have left." I say. His chocolate eyes are deep with grief and sadness.
"Lani, you have to be strong. You can't let him do it to you, understand? Show him you are strong, like the cobra, like Jafar."
"Jay, you know I can't."
"No. You  think that you can't. But I know you can, and you will." He gives me a sad smile and ruffles my hair. "I have to go now, the limo should be here any moment." I suddenly can't bear it. I grasp onto him and burry my face into his chest. I shouldn't say it. I shouldn't even be doing this. But I am and I will. I will regret it one day, but right here, right now, it makes me feel strong.
"I love you Jay. Come back for me." I whisper.
"I promise Lani. I will never leave you behind." I let him go and he walks away. I sigh as he walks out of our make shift home and I hurry up to the rooftops above. I think about Jay's words. He's right. I am strong. Just not when I am face to face with my half father. The ex grand visa of Agabah. Jafar.
"Please Jay. Be safe and come home soon." I think.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry it's super short. Just wanted to give you a quick taste. If you haven't already, check out my other descendants book, Hooks and Hearts. It's sequel, Once A Mermaid, Always A Mermaid, is on the way and I have another descendants book on hold so stay tuned for that. Thanks guys!