Wrapped Up

(Final chap and kinda Epi. There will be a third book in a bit (I'll post a notice as a chapter in this book to let you guys know when it's up), similar stand-alone like this one. These characters might return in it, depending on how the storyline plays itself out) 

Sitting up in bed the next morning, Harper knew that he was going to be miserable. I really should learn not to instigate lord Rule. Ever again. He flopped back down to the bed and groaned, the sound seemingly drawing Arthur's attention because one of his eyes slowly opened. 

"I could hear you two being quite busy in the other room yesterday." He mumbled before stretching like a content cat beneath the blankets. 

Harper felt his face heat, but he was honestly getting used to the idea of mentioning sex around them more. He did hope, however, that he got a chance to heal his backside before they decided to make use of it again, though. 

Speaking of which. 

"My lord, what exactly are we?" He asked, not sure how else to phrase the question. 

Arthur slowly pushed himself up against the stack of pillows, then gestured Harper forward with his arms. The man didn't look too capable of much at the current moment, with his tired eyes and careful movements, so Harper settled himself in his lap and relaxed as Arthur's arms encircled him. 

He was quiet for a long while, drawing Harper's puzzled gaze up to meet his. "I'm not sure." Arthur finally said on a sigh. The lord lifted a hand to sift through his hair before sighing again. 

"Most couples are made by their parents, or the woman is offered to a man as a wife." He mumbled awkwardly, then stared down at him. "But you are definitely not a woman, nor a wife." 

Harper frowned, trying to figure out what they could possibly be considered. Were there such things as male mistresses? It was worth asking...

"Am I a mistress, of sorts?" He asked, drawing a chuckle from beside them as Rule pushed himself up. 

"No." 

The simple answer didn't help his conundrum much. 

"Well, what do you want to be, Harper?" Arthur asked as he eyed Rule, who was inching closer. 

Harper noticed the man's line of sight and turned his attention back to Rule in time to feel the other lord tug him partially onto his lap. They seemed like they were about to consider pulling him until one of them won, but thankfully they both glared at each other, then reluctantly just decided to wrap one arm each around his waist. 

"Well, for one, I don't want you two fighting over me." 

Boy did it make him feel strange to say such a thing.

Rule huffed, but after another look at Arthur, he dropped his head to the guy's shoulder. "We'll work on it." 

Harper was surprised that neither of them argued about doing something a servant asked of them. Granted, he didn't appear to be a servant any longer, but that just left another question he needed an answer to. 

"So, what am I? Like, my status." He asked. 

Arthur and Rule both smiled at that as Arthur pressed a hand to the top of his head and messed up his hair a bit more. 

"You are to be treated as a master here. A lord of the estate." 

Harper's mouth dropped open in shock, but Rule just took that opportunity to cover it with his own. He let the kiss go on for a minute, then Harper nudged at Rule until he reluctantly retreated and leaned back.