13

I woke up and this morning to my brother yanking the duvet off me and telling me there's someone on the phone who wants to speak with me.
I groan in annoyance and hurry downstairs, my mom hands me the phone and I politely smile before answering, totally thinking that it's gonna be one of the losers.
"Sup dude" I say casually as I play with the telephone wire.
"Hey, y/n, it's me, Zane" he says, I can literally sense the grin on his face through the phone.
"Oh..Zane, Hey." I greeted, kind of surprised it wasn't Richie or Bev.
"So, you wanna do something today?" He asks sweetly, his voice quiet and gentle.
I thought about it for a split second before piping up again. "Oh sure, why not" I said shrugging, even though he couldn't see me. "Cool, wanna go see a movie?" He suggests sweetly. Oh I can just imagine his face right now. Jesus.
"Yeah, sounds cool" I smile into the phone happily, continuing to twist the cord around my finger.
"So, meet you there in half an hour?" He questions quietly.
"Yeah okay" I say casually, totally not know no what else I was supposed to reply with.
"See ya" he says, hanging up before I can get a word in.
I run upstairs quickly, taking the time to look in my closet and actually look for something presentable.
(omigosh really?!)
I don't want it to seem too obvious that I want him to find me attractive.
So I grab a black crop top and ripped black jeans and my doc martins and run towards the bathroom.
I brush my hair and tame it as best I can while still leaving enough time to add a light layer of mascara and running out of the bathroom.
I looked fine. I hate makeup though, which is why I only put on mascara, cause that's the only makeup product that I don't want to constantly burn:)
I yell to my mom that I'm going out with a friend. She says whatever and I run out the door and to my destination
I hurry towards the arcade/movie theatre and run inside.
I run past all the games only to find Zane leaning against a doorway to the movie theatre area. He hands my some popcorn and a drink whilst greeting me politely.
"Hey there" he says cheerily taking a sip of his drink and smiling.
"Hey" I greet confidently, taking a mouthful of my own drink and beaming back.
"So What'dya wanna watch?" He asks as we look at what's playing now.
We ended up going to see a movie about death, I don't know why he didn't want to watch it. Isn't it the guy that usually wants to watch this sort of thing in romance movies? Who cares, he said fine and we watched it.
I'm a terrible person for laughing when people got killed, but that's okay.
Zane was surprised at himself actually finding the movie enjoyable and not needing me to comfort him.
As we walked out of the theatre laughing I shoved him into a side alley.
"Wha-" he says as I shove him over. I peek out the side of the alley and groan in annoyance, turning back to face the boy beside me.
"What was that about?" He asks quietly, not seeming to be angry.
"I saw Richie and Eddie" I reply shrugging.
"Who?" He questions simply, raising an eyebrow in confusion.
"Richie is the guy who yelled at me yesterday, Eddie is our other friend but he's not mean at all. He's pretty sweet actually" I explain, smiling internally as I think about Richie and I's heist yesterday.
His face flashes a look of realization and he smiles again.
"Okay, and Richie would bother you if he saw you?" He asks, giving me a glance of wanting reassurance on the topic.
I nod and sigh, peeking back around the corner to my luck Richie and Eddie being almost gone. But I can hear them talking.
"Dude, what am I even supposed to do? All she does is treat me like the pathetic guy she friend zoned!" Richie complains in misery.
Eddie shrugs and replies with sympathy whilst shrugging. "I don't know, but I think your just being stupid, She totally does not think of you as 'the pathetic guy she friend zoned'"
Richie starts walking again, continuing to complain, oh poor guy. But who is he talking about?
Does he like someone else?
Of course, he likes someone, and there's only a small chance it's me, but I t doesn't matter.
It's okay. It's fine. Right? Yes. It's completely fine.
I turn back to Zane and start walking out of the alley.
Richie and Eddie had gone to the arcade, so we walked the other way, to be sure as not to pass it, just in case they were near the entrance and saw us. I'm not worried about Richie and Eddie being mad that I was with Zane, I just don't want to be bothered right now.
We walked down the street together, laughing and talking.
We got to an ice cream parlour and stopped, he pulled me inside for an order of ice cream.
"Hey, I want ice cream, how bout you?" He asks politely.
I nod slowly and he grabs my arm lightly and pulls me inside. We walk up to the counter and he orders first while I'm deciding.
"French Vanilla in a waffle cone please" he asks, smiling all the while.
"Wow, most basic order ever" I joke, elbowing him lightly.
He nods in agreement and laughs, while I order my own.
"Gold metal ribbon please in a chocolate waffle cone" I smile happily as he scoops it into my cone and hands it to me.
My smile widens as I reach for it.
So Zane and I walk out of the ice cream parlour and down the street, again. By now it's around two o'clock and we wanted to sit down somewhere.
Soon enough we found a nearby bench and sat down. It was silent a moment or two before I spoke up. "So we don't really know all that much about each other." I finish off the last of my Ice cream as he replies chuckling slightly.
"Yeah I guess your right. What do you wanna know?" He asks sweetly as he stares me in the eye happily.
I smile and think a moment before asking him a question.
"Let's start simple. Most basic question in the book...favourite colour?" I smile as he raises an eyebrow in amusement and answers honestly. "Probably red or green, for Christmas" he laughs, quietly. "What about you?"
"My favourite colour would have to be f/c" I say thinking of different shades of that specific colour.
It's just so pretty.
We both sit for a moment before he breaks the silence with another question.
"What's your favourite animal? Cause mine is a lion" he says as he turns his head to look at me again.
A small smile tugs at the corner of my lips as I reply. "Definitely a f/a" I answer, imagining the animal clearly in my head as I speak. Looking at Zane again happily.
"They are a cool animal, but lions are just so majestic and brave" he informs me confidently.
A few minutes later we had talked about many different subjects, favourite song, favourite food, our best friend.
Of course for my best friend, I answered Beverly and Richie. I can't pick.
They both count though. Their tied in first place.
We walked back down the street, we wanted to go do something else so we thought about playing soccer or something.
But we're not so sure now.
We walked around the park for a bit, unsure of what it was we were looking to do.
I sat down on a swing set being tired of walking around for so long.
Zane sat down next to me and I started slowly swinging myself forward to get myself higher off the ground.
The two of us sat there in silence for a little while, just hanging out on the swing set together.
I looked at my feet as they kicked out in front of me.
It was a comfortable silence, not awkward or weird. A moment later we were bred again and standing up to search for something else to do.
"Oh god, is there actually nothing to do?" I sigh, mostly speaking to myself than to Zane.
"I guess not, but we can find something to do" he says, sounding confident in his answer.
I lag out another sigh and kicked a pebble that was at my feet while passing.
What are we supposed to be doing?
Just wondering.
Y'know Zane is pretty cool. Really cool actually. But no matter what I still think that my other friends are the best.
Because their my bestie's and nothing could change that...obviously.
So we kept walking. And it was boring. And silent.
But then he made a shitty joke. And it was so bad that it was adorable. We kept laughing and things weren't boring anymore.
We ended up laughing all day. Finding a bench and sitting there and talking the rest of the day away.
We laughed and talked and I had an awesome time.
Over-all, today was pretty great. I admit it. Today was pretty great.
Now he was walking me home while I pointed him in the other direction when he went the wrong way.
And he was really good at going the wrong way. And I mean really good at it.
We stopped in front of my house and he gave me a hug beforehand exchanged quick goodbyes and I went into my house to stay for the night.

A/N
Oh god
What have I done?