t e n

Everything was going fine. Gerard and Lindsey were more than happy to let Mikey stay at their house for a little bit before he had to go home. Bandit loved to play with Mikey when Gerard was working and Lindsey was doing some art. But, the day came to an end, and Mikey had to go home. He thanked them for letting him stay before he went home. His home was quiet. Very very quiet. Mikey didn't like it. He turned on some music on his vinyl player, and swayed around to the music before he started to look through the house. He made sure everything was in its place. The only place he didn't go to was the upstairs bathroom. He knew what he was going to find there, and he didn't want to see what was behind that door. 

He soon went downstairs, and made himself a little sandwich. He turned off the music, and turned on the TV to play a movie. Mikey sat through the whole movie, only getting up a few times. When it ended, he was half asleep, laying on the couch. He soon fell into a deep sleep. Hours pass, and it's soon around 5am before Mikey started to wake up to noises around his home. It sounded almost like footsteps. He sat up, and looked around. He didn't want to say anything and risk getting caught by whatever the hell was in his home. He just looked around, before he heard a door open and slam shut. It sounded like the back door. When the house was quiet for a good 10 minutes, he finally got up. He looked around, seeing if anything was stolen. And let me tell you, shit was stolen. First of all, his bass was missing. Now that hit Mikey hard. He stared at the empty bass stand, staying still in his place. He then ran to find his phone. When he did, he called Gerard. He called about 10 times before Gerard finally answered.

"Mikey? Is everything okay? I... It's 5 in the morning...." Gerard let out a yawn midway through his sentence, quite concerned on why his brother was calling this early.

"S- Someone was in my house and they-"

Mikey cut off, as the sound of his phone dropping filled Gerard's head. Mikey yelped, as his back hit the wall with a loud thump. A male, probably in his 20's, was holding a gun to Mikey's neck. He was wearing a black mask, with lazy eye and nose cut outs. He was wearing a black turtle neck, and black jeans with heavy duty boots on. The look terrified Mikey.

"MIKEY???" Gerard's voice came from the phone, before finally he hung up. Gerard was calling the police. He didn't know what was happening but whatever it was - it seemed serious. The robber spoke in a deep, raspy voice.

"Who the fuck was that on the phone?"

"M- My older br- brother..." His voice trembled, along with his frail body. His eyes were filled with pure terror through his glasses.

"And what is he going to do? Call the police on me?"

Mikey quietly mumbled, "I hope he did..." Before the front door was heard being kicked open. The person holding Mikey up with a gun dropped the gun, dropped Mikey and ran. Some of the police searched every room, soon finding Mikey trembling and on the verge of tears in the corner of his small studio. They noticed the gun, and took it to do the finger print thing on it to try to figure out who was going to shoot him. They calmed him down a bit, and some went, and tried to find whoever was in the house. Mikey explained everything to them. What he had seen that was stolen, what he had heard, every single detail. 

After the police left, Gerard showed up at the door. It was only 7:30am. Mikey hesitantly answered, before sighing in relief seeing it was Gerard. Gerard gave a small smile, and welcomed himself in.

"H- Hi... I-"

Gerard then hugged him. He held onto him tightly, holding him close to his chest. He never wanted to let go. Mikey hugged back, feeling a bit more safer in his brothers arms. The hug was full of love, and care. Gerard smiled weakly, kissing his brother's head before pulling away to see his face.

"I love you, baby brother."