0

Butterfly Effect

"XXXXX, stop ignoring me!" The girl had pleaded as she held onto the sleeve of his clean white sweater. Her eyes filled with tears as if she had been desperate for his affection. XXXXX turned his head back in ignorance.

"Don't do this inside my cafe. You will disturb the others. I'd rather you leave, now." He demanded yet his polite and creamy voice was still as constant. His eyes not daring to look at her as he might have bursted out.

After a few minutes, the lady had been kicked out of the cafe. XXXXX apologizing to all the customers as he goes back to business. XXXXX didn't want to bother his customers. His mind still blank from what he did. He had never done such a thing as 'flings', his friends just invited him to do it.

"Can I have the usual?" A customer who XXXXX quite recognized had stated. He nodded, rolling his eyes knowing he'd have to pick up her mess afterwards. He was a kind and patient man but she was - by far - the most weirdest customer he had ever come upon. By mess, XXXXX meant the tableware or dinnerware usually falling off the customer's table. Can't she ever get a grip on herself? She was a customer, he couldn't protest either.

XXXXX knew she's order her coffee and read another novel about fantasies. He had kept an eye on her for long, he wasn't sure why but he was captivated. Not that he thought he fancied her, her mess is already a pet peeve enough. XXXXX sighed and ignored the thought. 

Her spoon had fell down from the table, again. XXXXX immediately picked it up, but as soon as he looked up- the customer was sobbing. He was shocked as he hadn't seen such a lady cry in public. "Are you okay, ma'am?" He had asked, interrupting her cry as she sniffed it to herself.

"I'm fine. The novel just made me teary." XXXXX didn't buy it. She wasn't reading a fantasy novel. She was reading a comedic comic. Why was she crying? He could've thought but then again, it wasn't his business to butt in. XXXXX promised to get her a new spoon as he rushed back to his station. This was his cafe, but he hadn't had many workers to hire either.

The next few days followed, the customer would order the usual and XXXXX would continue to observe how she acted. He noticed how her eyes were puffy and darker than usual, did she cry again? His thoughts had been dashing all over the place, he needn't a clue. The customer would leave at lunch break, as if she had business to do since she would always tidy herself up around 11.

Tonight, was special. XXXXX was picking up the trash as he insisted his employees to rest early. He wasn't supposed to be the one to pick up the trash bags, but he eventually did when he realized what day it was tomorrow. He knew it was Valentines Day tomorrow, he wanted them to freshen up. Valentines Day means many customers coming by the cafe, especially couples. XXXXX walked down the path to the nearby dump when he saw her again. She was grabbing over the trash bags, as if looking for something. XXXXX didn't know how to react but once he saw her, he had ran over to her.

"What are you doing?!" He looked at her as if she was absurd to be scavenging over trash. As he took a closer look in her face, she was crying.  She looked ugly and dirty but that thought had been erased from his mind when he saw her cry. It was the customer he had watched over. "What are you doing here?" XXXXX asked, still baffled to see her in this kind of setting.

"I'm looking for a ring." She tried to wipe off her tears. XXXXX sighed, "Let me help you then." The customer looked at him, "R-Really?" She had a pouty mouth. XXXXX nodded without looking at her as he moved through the bags that smelled like shit. They both spent the night smelling like a dump.

They hadn't found the ring. XXXXX - however - introduced himself to her as she finally did to him.

"I'm Jimin Park. Nice to meet you." He smiled. "Skye Avantegarde." She replied. "Sucks to spell that name." He said as they both chattered. Butterfly effect.