The seasons, the skies, nature, they only served to ameliorate his longing for his beloved. She was much the antithesis herself, tender and yet callous, compassionate and yet indifferent, sympathetic and yet unfeeling, in spite, he loved her with each fragment of his being. It was easy to love her; it came to him like an imprinted impulse, as though he was born to simply be besotted with her.

A tender smile illuminated his face as a familiarity caused his eyes to mist over. He gazed at the slim line where the earth met the heavens, amongst the now darkened obsidian, a flicker of brilliant cerise; it beaconed of the power above. Here they sat, him and his dearest, more often than not, enjoying the sunset and each other's company alike. Her tinkling laughter still resonated in these hills.

He remembered the one time when they had brought their kids in these planes for a picnic, their twins had witnessed the beauty of nature first hand. Only of 3, their toddlers made merry all day long to be lulled to sleep by a song woven affectionately by their mother at dusk.

The night deepened and the winds imparted their coolness, he missed the warmth, he felt a void of cold engulf his being. The spreading fog gave an inclination of sudden change of weather, oh the unpredictability, his soul shouted hushed.

Subdued radiance of fireflies added to the allure of the billowing dark waves. Velvety clouds danced slowly as the fog descended to reveal a star-speckled sky, the moon a thin crescent of silver reflected on the blades of grass that sway freely in the night breeze.

His eyes drifted to the Primroses and Primula, the first signs of spring, drifting into silent slumber. The elixir of balsamic scents washed over him, reminding him of her earthy scent, one his nights were laced with. Getting drunk on the calm it brought, her silent whispers healed his rioting soul, the psithurism lulled him further.

A sudden gush of warmth made him aware of her balming presence. A smile radiating his face, his eyes fluttered open. "Here you are my love, I've been waiting." He whispered as a tear made its way down his tired visage.

He unlocked his phone and opened a slideshow of his gallery. "Look, our babies have grown. Saira left for London, to pursue her degree in law at Oxford much like me." He smiled, "And Sahir has been interning with Preeta, he will fly to Cambridge next month to join culinary school, guess which one? Le Cordon Bleu, no less!" He beamed. "Sumo, our kids are so much like you, not a moment passes when I don't see you in them." His smile faltered as fresh tears pricked his eyes, threatening to spill. "I won't cry, I promised you I won't." Said he, dabbing away the moisture.

A phone call, a decade and a half ago, frantic, had informed him of his impending doom. He was told that his wife's car had been witnessed by a few, flinging off the cliff and into the dark abyss of the valley. It was later that he found out, an irate prisoner, who was to be hanged for murder had exacted revenge by snatching away his life. He had managed to escape prison, kidnap Suman and drive them both off the cliff.