Chapter 8- Impeccable Knight

Sawyer Markham ♠

It's Monday. Again.

School. Again.

Lessons and homeworks. Again.

When will my suffering end?

The first five periods, namely- English, Chemistry, Geometry and Advisory passed by in a blur. At last it was lunch time.

I quickly got out of the classroom to place my books and notebooks inside my locker. I made my way to the cafeteria, thinking about what I'm going to eat for lunch. As I opened the doors, my eyes instantly roamed the cafeteria, looking for our table. Yeah, our table. I spotted it, as expected, to be in the middle of the large room. I saw Valerie munching on her fried oreos while talking to Daniel and Cameron.

Hm, Aaron's not with Val. I wonder why...

Wait. Hold your horses. Hold it right there.

I'm not supposed to talk about Aaron right now. He's the least of my worries. In fact, I don't even worry about him. I'm not even gonna think about him anymore.

I approached the table and sat down beside my oh so adorable friend. I nudged her to get her to talk to me. She couldn't talk because she stuffed too many fried oreos inside her little but now puffy mouth. Instead she turned to me and smiled.

Suddenly the cafeteria doors swung open and lo and behold the Knight brothers walk in, not noticing the way girls look at them with admiration and lust in their eyes while the guys stared with envy.

Taking their stride of pride, Lucas and Leo take a seat. Right as Lucas sat down he faced me.

"So, gorgeous, you busy tonight?" He asked.

"What's it to you?"

"I'm throwing a party later and I was planning- hoping to take you as my date." He says.

"And I was planning- hoping to just relax on the bathtub whilst reading a good book with the scent of lavender in the air."

"In that case, why don't I just ditch the party and join you?" He winked.

Before I could retort, the sound of choking was heard beside me. I firmly patted Val's back.

"Hey, are you alright?" Cam asked after Val finally looked up.

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking." Val replied, composing herself.

After a few seconds, Lucas did the most unpredictable thing that day. He stood up and placed himself on top of the table.

"Party tonight my house!" He shouted at the top of his lungs that the whole scholol might've heard his voice.

Everyone cheered, even the outcasts applauded to Lucas' announcement, but he wasn't finished.

He reached his hand over to my direction. "Come up here."

"No thanks." Was my reply ignoring his hand.

"Come on."

"Nah, I like where I am."

"Don't make me do this, Sawyer." He said as he jumped down the table with ease his voice filled with determination and threat

"Do what?" He called me by my first name. Yay!- Wait, that voice when he said Sawyer was uncannily familiar. Like-

The next thing I know, his arms were at the back of my knees and shoulders, picking me up, bridal style. I hated being picked up. Ever heard of personal space?