Chapter 8: It isn't cool anymore

Emily's POV:

I was having a good dream when I was interrupted by my alarm.

"Ugh. How annoying." I mutter getting out of my bed.

I was about to go to my bathroom when I saw some papers lying on the floor near my desk. I pick them up to see my book report. I put the papers in my bag and hurry to the bathroom.

When I reach the kitchen, the smell of my mom's Pancakes fills my nose.

"Pancakes! Yay" I say while doing the happy dance.

"Do you want me to drop you off to your school Honey?" My mom asks while I fill my mouth with pancakes.

"Its wokay" I choke.

I check my phone. Its 7:42 AM.

"Bye Mom" I say while rushing to the front door.

Its 7:50 and I am sitting in the bus when my phone vibrates. I was about to open the message when Marcus calls out for informing me that my school is here.

After 3 hours of study, I am feeling hungry and there is 15 minutes left for lunch.

Our English teacher's shrill voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Now, Hand in your group book reports when I call out your names." She says.

Oh Yeah! The book report.

At the thought of the book report, I turn my head to search for my partner.

I continue checking the class for my partner.

Ethan was nowhere to be found.

"Damn it!." I curse.

"Emily and Ethan, your reports." My teacher calls out.

I hand her my report.

"Where is your partner's report?" She asks raising her eyebrow.

"He couldn't come because....b..bec..because he is in Hawaii. Gone for a vacation."

I say nodding my head.

What?! Hawaii. And the Award For The Lamest Excuse Goes To Emily Manroe.

"Well then both of you can submit your report after he comes back from Hawaii." She says sarcastically.

"What? Why should I wait for him to come back? Can't I give mine right now?!" I ask.

"No. Its a group assignment, so no. Period. " She says ending the argument.

I am SO annoyed. I storm of to the cafeteria when I realize that Julia won't be able to come to school. Not after what happened to Richard.

I plan to visit her along with Michael after the school.

I couldn't spot Mike in the crowd so I removed my phone to call him.

I saw a message from a private number when I looked at my phone. I opened the message and what I saw was horrifying.

Stay Tuned. After The Pilot, Now Its Your Father's Turn. Stay Away And Make Our Job Easier. Or Your Little Agent Dies. We Are Watching You.

Love

R.S.

After reading the message, I was thinking this was some sort of prank.

But I couldn't take it too lightly. And nobody knew about Richard's death other than Julia, Clare- Julia's mother, Michael and me.

I didn't know what to do. My dad was in danger.

Ethan's POV:

After interrogating some survivors, I was done with it. It was super tiring. Rayne and I hardly got any information about the attack.

I was worried about my book report and what Emily would say tomorrow when my thoughts were cut off by none other than Mr Rude himself.

"Yes?" He asks nodding towards me.

"What?" I ask looking over at Rayne dor help.

"You got any information worth investigation?" Mr Oliver asks.

"Nah. Just the same old stuff." I reply casually.

"There's nothing worth us staying here. And I think we are done. We should get going." Rayne says as he walks towards the elevator.

"Not Quite Yet. I think you have some othwr work to do-" Mr. O is interrupted when my phone beeps.

I open the message and read it.

Good Luck Saving Mr. Manroe. Help yourself and come join us. You won't be killed. Its your choice. What's it goona be?

Enjoy Your Interrogations Agent Maxwell.

Love

R.S.

"Now that's something we have to discuss Mr. Oliver, lets go and inform the others." Rayne says.

My mind is stuck on one thing that the message said- Mr. Manroe.

-------------------------------

Mr. Manroe? Sounds familiar doesn't it?!.

Sorry for the late update. This was a long chapter to write. Anyways hope you guys are enjoying. Thanks for supporting the story. I will try to up2 soon.

And Don't forget to Vote, Comment, Share.

Love you guys. Thanks A lot. Until next time. Bye.

- Smileyez