Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

The moment Louis hit the bed, he's asleep. Harry tucked him in and nestled next to him to rest with his boo.

*****

They're lunching in front of the Reid library, Harry's fingers stroking through Louis' hair as he looked to the clouds with a soft smile. His head's on Harry's lap and Harry's shadow was directly over his eyes as he spotted the clouds driving to the east. They were fluffy and bright. He was engaged by them and his eyes were glistening with a sense of happiness. Harry can't see him as any thing less than beautiful.

"Feed me," He muttered, and Harry does with a pipped cherry being placed into his mouth. He chewed quietly, a smile growing large before he swallowed and looked to the clouds again. "Hazza."

"Yes, Munchkin?"

"I-I... um, I know that we've tried this before," He started. "I'm scared something might happen if I move back in with you. But... I--"

"I thought you already did?"

Louis glared at him from his lap. "What?"

"I thought you already moved back in. Like... you've been staying with me for the two weeks, and you've never been at home--"

"I haven't, Haz. I haven't brought all my things over," Louis laughed. "Wow, that's awkward."

"It's okay, love. You don't have to move back in if you don't want to. You can stay with Niall if you want more time to think about it--"

"No, I want to live with you," Louis smiled. "I wanted to ask if I could move back in."

Harry simpered, bending down to kiss Louis' nose. "My home is your home."

******

Louis came rushing out that Wednesday evening with a worried look on his face. His hair was damp from the shower and his clothing style was not an outfit of choice for sleep - jeans and a tight tee.

Harry's sauteing their dinner, staring at Louis who's looking through one of his bags. He dropped the saucepan to the stove and leaned against the counter.

"Love, where you off to?"

"I got a call, Haz," Louis grinned excitedly. "Jess called me to look after her little one for a couple of hours. I'll be back before nine."

Harry exchanged a look from the pan of frying food to Louis' eyes with his eyebrows furrowed. "What about dins?"

"I'll be back for dins. If you're asleep, I won't disturb you," He can see Harry's upset, but there isn't much he can do. "I'm sorry, sweetie. You know the business has been bad. I want to get it up and running again."

"Don't worry about me, Lou. I'm just a little sad and all that I won't be able to spend time with you."

Louis affectionately awws. "I love you."

"I love you too," Harry blew a kiss to him, Louis walking down the corridor to catch a taxi he called for a few minutes earlier. Harry finished his cooking, plating up two plates and glad wrapping one to place in the microwave for Louis later. He sat and ate to himself, the house ever so quiet without Louis with him.

He hated the eery silence of not having Louis around. It was almost unnatural. Harry didn't know how he lived beforehand without Louis in his life.

Louis had certainly changed his life.

*****

He came home bouncing with glee, Harry waiting in the kitchen for the tea to boil. Louis threw his bag down and trotted to Harry, attempting to be the bigger man, wrapping his arms around Harry's waist and lifting his head on his shoulder. Harry snickered when he heard Louis whine. He can't reach. He covered up his failure with a head against Harry's shoulder blade and smiled.