Hostage by Vampires Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Gaven checked us into the motel. The clerk kept glancing at me out of the corner of his eye. I suppose I looked a little off wearing dark sunglasses at night. We made our way down to room #6. Gaven unlocked the door, stepping aside to let me enter first.

"Why don't you get cleaned up while I'm gone." He said as he left, shutting the door behind him.

I looked around the shabby room. The first thing my eyes caught was the queen sized bed, the only bed. Yes I know that we have slept in the same bed before but for some reason it felt more intimate now. Maybe it was the fact that we would actually be alone, or that I keep hearing He has feelings for me.

I tried to shove these thoughts out of my head as I went into the bathroom. It looked like there was a slight attempt to clean It. The floor and bathtub were clean. The sink had rust stains and the toilet - I don't even wanna go there. Let's just say it was less then spectacular.

After showering I wrapped myself in a towel provided by RH hotel and curled up on the bed. I didn't want to re-dress in my filthy clothes. I lie back closing my eyes when no more then 30 seconds the door opens. I open my eyes to see Gaven standing in the doorway, his eyes fixed on my body.

In one quick motion, Gaven pulled off his shirt and tossed it to me. He was still angry. He walked past me and into the bathroom. I pulled the large shirt over my head, throwing the damp towel into the corner of the room. I brought the shirt material up to my face, his scent still strong. Unlike Chase's fruitful smell, Gaven had more of a wild scent. It was like walking outside after a a long rain. I let the material drop as the bathroom door opened. Gaven came out, his mood unchanged.

"If the Elders knew you tried to run you would be dead by now." Gaven said as he sat on the corner of the bed. "They think that I am training you to feed off humans."

Gaven moved across the bed so that he was right next to me. "Why do you keep fighting what you are?" He put his hand on my cheek. "Why do you keep fighting me?"