Hostage by Vampires Chapter 8

"Mmmm" I softly moaned as I stretched. I hadn't slept that good in days. I inhaled deeply...wait. Do I smell Bacon?

I heard someone chuckle. I looked over and saw Gaven sitting in the chair next to my bed. Shirtless. All he had on was dark blue Pajama pants. I tried to slow my heart rate as I felt it pick up, I knew he would be able to hear it. That was a hopeless attempt. I saw the corners of his lips twitch as he tried not to smile. He stood and set a bed tray before me.

"Yes there is Bacon," he said as he went back to his chair. "And eggs, pancakes, and orange juice."

I grabbed a piece of bacon and was about to devour it when I remembered the hot pocket from yesterday. I cocked an eyebrow and asked. "Did you cook this?"

Gaven rolled his eyes. "No I did not cook it so it is edible. Justin went and got it from town this morning." He said as he lifted a clear glass containing a thick red liquid to his lips. He took a long drink, draining almost half the glass. When he pulled it away from his mouth he had a deep red mustache until he licked away the evidence.

"Want some?" He asked when he noticed me watching him.

"Your sick." I muttered looking down at the piece of bacon I was holding. I set it back on the plate.

"Eat." Gaven said looking annoyed. He sighed and continued. "Its not that bad when Its the only thing your body craves."

He opened his mouth to say more but was interrupted by a knock at the door.

Gaven sighed, "Come in Jessie."

I watched as Jessie glided over to where we were, she was so graceful.

"Autin wants to speak with you." She said looking at Gaven. I watched both their expressions, I was pretty sure she was telling him more through their thoughts.

Gaven leaned forward, resting his head in his hands. Something was wrong. Sighing he lifted his head and looked right at me. Our eyes met and I saw sadness in his green eyes.

He stood up and walked to the door. "Make sure she eats something." He said before leaving.

Jessie plopped down on the bed beside me. "So what do you wanna do today?" She asked, switching to a bubbly mood.

Before I got a chance to answer she i spoke again. "Lets go exploring!" She practically screamed.

"Hurry up and eat something so we can go." She said jumping off the bed.

I picked up a piece of bacon and slowly munched on it, forgetting the previous reason for my lack of appetite. The only thing on my mind was the way Gaven looked at me before he left. Something was wrong and it had something to do with me.

Initially there was supposed to be more to this chapter but I kinda like ending it like this. Gets people thinking. I promise I the next chapter will be longer and way better!!! I hope to get a chance to upload it later tonight but if not for sure by Sunday night.