Scene 6 - On her way to school

The next Day  - Standing in front of Jamie's home is Ren

Jamie – sorry I missed you call last night...it must have been when I was practicing the guitar. I usually put on my headphones and so I can't hear anything other than my strumming. Then I went straight to bed it was really late I am sorry. Can I make it up to you with a kiss?

Ren – No...since I was up all night worried about this new development I really wanted to talk to you last night.

Jamie – I am so sorry Ren. So lets talk now.

Ren – Sure shot tell me about whats going on...Is there anything I should feel anxious about>?

Jamie – Ren for this sumner I told you I have that part time job working for the bike shop do you remember?

Ren – Yes I remember what about that.

Jamie – well the owner of the store is also friends with my family and that is how I was able to get the job. Well it turns out that he also hired Jake to work on the bikes..but you don't have to worry I will be working outside in the rental shed and he will be working inside the store building the bikes.

Ren- What!! Are you kidding me. First your chit chatting with him and now over the summer I have to worry about you working with that guy!

Jamie – Ren don't worry...Jakes older brother will be there too and he is always looking out for me so he will keep him in line.

Ren – Jamie that is not the point this situation keeps going from bad to worst.

Jamie – I know our relationship is new but you have to trust me. I only have eyes for you.

Ren – Against my better judgement I will allow this but Jamie promise me that if at any point you think you want to be with him or anyone else you will let me know so that we can break up. I don't want you to feel that you have to cheat on me to keep from hurting my feelings. Because believe it or not the person you are trying to protect gets hurt.

Jamie – I promise Ren. Are you available tomorrow to go to the movies?

Ren – Wow you sure are quick with the subject changes? Okay I am free let go to an early show how about 12 noon?

Jamie – Great. By the way I have lunch for you again today can you meet ne on the roof or do you want to take it with you now,

Ren – I wont be able to meet you so I will take it now.

Jamie – Sure no problem enjoy you r lunch and lets walk home after practice. I will stay to watch the game.

Ren – Okay.