two

It was a new day and I was tired, despite it being two in the afternoon. I got up and walked to the bathroom to do all of my hygine, when I got out of the shower I slipped on a pair of baggy jeans, a simple black shirt, and timberlands. I picked out my hair and grabbed my keys.

I was going out again, to look for miss perfect.

I made sure I had my keys today. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed some money from my mother's cookie jar, just a few dollars for food, nothing special. I shoved the money into my pocket and locked the front door, I went walking to McDonalds, which was down the street.

When I got to McDonalds I examined the menu for something I wanted. I was next in line, I guess I'll just order a burger.

"Next!" The lady yelled out, rolling her eyes. "Pac? What's up boo?"

"Nothing much." I leaned over on the counter. "How are you today, Tanisha? You seem like you're having a bad day." I smiled.

"I am, shit. I'm tired at working at this fucking place, with these rude ass people. Anyways, what you want?" She asked, pressing some buttons on the register.

"Just give me a big mac, large fries, and a large coke." I said pulling out my money.

"Boy what are you doing? When have I ever made you pay?" She laughed. "Here. Now get out of here little boy, you should be in school anyways." She laughed and handed me a cup.

Tanisha was a girl my mother knew, she used to watch over my younger sister and I, until my mother met Billy. Then she got rid of Tanisha, I used to mess around with her too, but that's another story. I filled up my cup with Coke as I waited for my food.

To my suprise, miss perfect walked in.

I filled up my cup again and moved closer to her. She didn't look at me, she concentrated on the menu. I examined her up close, her caramel skin, short brown hair, long eyelashed, and beautiful light brown eyes. I was lost in her.

She was called up to order. When she was finished, Tanisha haded her a cup, a receipt, and a few dollars. She slipped them into her back pocket and headed to the soda machine, but she dropped a dollar. I grabbed it and headed over to her.  

"Hey, you dropped this." I tapped her shoulder and she quickly turned around. She snatched it from my hand and returned to the machine. "You're the girl that just move in on my street, What's your name?"

"Jada." She replied dryly, not turning away from the soda machine. "Aren't you that nappy headed boy that was starring at me?"

I laguhed. "This is not nappy. My name is Lesane Parish Crooks, but everyone calls me Tupac S--"

"Like the South American Revolutionay who was killed after leading the uprise against the Spanish rule?  Pretty cool." She interrupted me. She's very smart.

"Yea. How old are you?"

"seventeen. You?"

"seventeen. What school are you going to go to?"

"Baltimor School for the Arts,I play piano. I'll be starting on Friday."

Tanisha seen us getting along and got jelous. She called out Jada's order so she could get out as fast as possible. Jada said goodbye to me and left. I walked up to Tanisha and she rolled her eyes.

"Where's my food Tanisha?" I asked, showing her my receipt.

"It should be on it's way. Who's your little girlfriend, Pac?" She asked.

"That's just some girl I met, chill." She smacked her lips and handed me my food.

I walked out of the place eating my french fries, I didn't live that far so I got home quick. I got in the house and ran to my room, Billy should be home with my little sister in a few minutes. I finished my food and threw my trash on the floor.

My sister busted into my room.

"Dad wants you, now." She said and walked out of my room.

I tell her over and over again, that's not my dad. I don't have a dad, he's dead to me.

I walked to the kitchen counter, where Billy was sitting with his hands folded on the table. I sat a the chair across from his, his face had a worried look on it.

"What?" I asked.

"It's your mother. Sh- She's in the hospital."