The Feeling of Being Dead on the Inside

PLEASE READ NOTE AT END! 

Michael's POV

"Michael. Michael you need to calm down. Ashton will be alright." Luke saying softly to me trying to hold me back from running up the ambulance that was taking Ashton away. The Police were trying to figure out who could have done that to Ashton; we all told them that it was his dad. They said that they would have to talk to Ashton before they confirmed that.

"No! Luke take me to the hospital please. Please Luke." I break down in his arms, falling to my knees on the ground. Luke and Calum both try to comfort me. I didn't want them to try and comfort me, I wanted Ashton to be alright and smiling.

"Michael, you gotta wait for a little bit. He's not even there yet." Calum says trying to calm me. His words weren't working. His voice sounded too broken right now. His voice was cracking because he was worried about Ashton himself, that was one of his best friends being taken away, not knowing if he was going to be alive soon.

"Let me talk to him." Hanna's voice rings through my ears. Calum and Luke move away from me, and she sits down next to me on the ground leaning her head on my shoulder and wrapping her arms around me in a side hug.

"He's gonna be alright Mikey. He's Ashton, one of the strongest guys we know. I bet you, right now, if he's thinking about anything, it's you. He's thinking that he has to come out of this soon so he can come back to you." I cry into Hanna's neck at her words. I only prayed that Ashton was going to pull out of this soon enough so he can come back to me. 

"Can we just go to the hospital? Please? I just wanna know what's gonna happen." I say trying to calm my crying. I cooled down my sobbing but there was still tears running down my cheeks. My heart beat was going to take a while to calm down also, I hated how crying made your heart race so much.

"Let's talk about what happened okay? Just tell me what happened with Ash." Hanna said. I gulp, knowing that I was going to start sobbing again just thinking about this.

"Hello?" He answer's his voice sounding weak. He must be tired, I thought.

"Ashton. Sorry about me not talking to you lately. I've been having some problems with my family, I'm coming home tonight though. We can cuddle all weekend." I tell him, a smile was bright on my face, me and my dad were at a gas station for a pit stop, so I figured that I'd call Ashton because I was with my mom so much while I was at her place. It was really nice seeing her, she didn't act very different. She was still mostly the same person she was before, but now I think she just realized that she should have cared a little more for her life then what she did when she had the chance.

"M-Michael... Help..." Ashton's voice breaks, fading to where I could barely here him plea for help.

"Ashton?! ASHTON?! ASHTON!!" I screamed. My dad came out that second and I told him to get in the car and drive as fast as he could because Ashton was in trouble. I then called Luke and told him to go over to Ashton's because he was in trouble. 

I was in a full on sob again. "Then we got here, and well... All of this. Can we go now?" I plead looking at my friends and brother. They give me a weak smile, Luke telling mom and dad that we were going to go to the hospital and wait to see what happens with Ashton. They said okay, but to come back at some point in time. I doubted that I would come back unless I started smelling like a fucking pig. I wasn't going to leave that hospital until I knew Ashton was alright and able to come home.

"He's what?!" I ask ready to faint. A doctor had just come and told us what was going on with Ashton. I was already, ready, to rip someone to shreds.