5. Marina

Marina's POV

"Marina, clean this up please?" I look up as I see the queen smiling gently at me. Smiling back awkwardly, I nod and start to clean up the mess that was made. Yes I may work here, but that's not because I wanted to. I'm undercover as one of the queens servants to help my idiotic friend who's gotten in trouble again.

(Y/n) wasn't one of the best assassins I had ever seen, but she was still good and hardly ever got caught. But when she did, I would always help her.

Today, right? I sent her a telepathic message.

Yap, shouldn't be too long until they come for me. Is everything set up? She replies back.

Yeah, you remember the plan?

Same as always, right?

I nod, then remember she can't see me and quickly respond with a yes.

We had met a few years ago. We were hunting the same guy down and we had hardly trusted each other. But over the years, we met again and again and we had become friends. Now sometimes we hunt together, other times we help each other. There were also times we didn't speak for months on end. Not because we had a fight, but because we just don't want to get too attached to each other.

That's the golden rule: don't get too attached to anyone. You might not like the outcome.

Because what if you get ordered to take the one person you love most down and if you didn't, they'd kill you? Love is a weakness, you can't get attached to anyone.

They're here. (Y/n)'s voice pulls me out of my thoughts and I look over at the queen to see that she had stood up and walked away with Odin.

Alright, I'll get you outta here in no time.

Wait, Mary, her voice called out for me, I'm taking someone with me.
What the hell? What does she mean by that?

What do you mean by that? You know we can't do that!

We'll have to. She's always been like that! Fucking stubborn.

Alright. I just hope that you know what you're doing.

I do.

'No you don't,' I thought to myself, 'but you're stubborn, and that's probably going to be your downfall someday'. And With that I continued my way to the place where the execution was going to be hold.

(A/n)
Okay yes
It's short.
And yeah, it's been a while. But it's something!
And I'll try to update more often because y'all definitely deserve it! I'm very sorry

Xx Mia