27. "CONFIRMED"

IT WAS THE MORNING AFTER. It was the morning after a night Taryn had wanted so badly, and it had finally happened. Because of the magical night before, most assume she'd wake up to birds chirping, the sun shining through her window the smell of bacon throughout her apartment. No. That was not how Taryn woke.

The girl woke with a start. The reality of a body pushed firmly up against her own making her sit up in a rush. Taryn's eyes widened as she rubbed sleep from them, groaning as she rubbed the back of her head.

To her right was Freddie, who lay sleeping peacefully. His chest was bare, showing off his toned abs and muscles. Soft snores emitted from his slightly agape mouth as his chest rose and fell. Taryn sighed in content as she fell back, her head spinning from bolting upright too fast.

The bed bounced as the brunette fell back, earning Freddie to shift slightly. Rolling onto his side, his arm swung over the girl's torso, the feeling of another person enough to wake him up.

Freddie's eyes fluttered open, a yawn escaping his lips as he stared at Taryn, their faces inches apart. "Morning," she breathed, a little uneasy, not knowing if he had regretted anything they did last night.

Freddie flashed her a sleepy smile as he replied, "good morning sweetheart." He leaned forward, pressing his lips to her forehead.

Taryn let out a breath through her nose, smiling happily. Her heart fluttered at his words, it skipping a beat as he pressed his lips to her skin. "I really like you," she breathed, partially because she got caught up in the moment as her eyes fluttered open, partially because she didn't want to be left confused about their relationship. Confessing her feelings for him would ensure he confessed how he felt as well.

It took the goaltender a moment to reply, his eyes searching her face as he waited to respond. "I like you too," he smiled sheepishly, his cheeks reddening. Taryn bit her lip to stop herself from smiling, not wanting Freddie to know how much those words meant to her.

"I'm sorry it took so long," Freddie mumbled softly as the loll in their conversation continued. "- For me to realize how much I like you. I hope you'll still be my girlfriend."

Normally, Taryn would want to make him nervous. Not saying her answer until he looked scared she'd reject him. However, she couldn't. Freddie Andersen was in front of her, asking if she'd be his girlfriend. She couldn't postpone her answer, she couldn't pretend to ponder it, she couldn't pretend her heart didn't soar at his words.

"What kind of bloody question is that? Of course I'll be your girlfriend!" She pressed a quick kiss to his lips as his sleepy smile turned into a grin. It took everything not to continue kissing him, however Taryn rolled over, grabbing her phone.

"What are you doing?" Freddie whined, clearly wanting the attention of his girlfriend. He wrapped his arms around her petite frame, his head finding a spot in the crook of her neck.

"Figuring out how to tell our kids we're together —" She coughed, "I mean your teammates. I meant to say your teammates."

liked by tseguin91, williamnylander and 88,931 others!taryn: 💕💞💖💓💘💗❣️❤️tagged: frederikandersen_31

taryn: 💕💞💖💓💘💗❣️❤️
tagged: frederikandersen_31

marner_93: HUH

kycortez: C O N F I R M E D #TREDDIE IS GOING STRONG

user1: MY HEART

user77: back off bitch hes mine

user11: @user77 becky shutup

frederikandersen_31:❤️❣️💗💘💓💖💞💕

user24: where can i get one

kadri43: id like to take partial credit for this, thanks

stevedangle: umm no it was all me, you're welcome taryn now id like my money

user13: u cant put a price on love

travisdermott: *calls me over to take an aesthetic picture so u can flaunt ur new boyfriend*

taryn: @travisdermott thats what sons are for?!