chapter 10 - We're on the flying octopus!

"What are you doing to my car?"

What happend to Clarenz's manly voice? I chuckled. I was about to throw another sarcastic comment at him, but when I turned my head around, my smile instantly faded.

I spot a curly red-haired girl standing about a meter away from me, holding a remote key and resting her hands on her hips. Her face was stern towards me. Wait, her car?

My reflexes must have an instinct as I paced quickly away from the car, "Uh.. This, your ca-ar?" I choked out whilst pointing to the silver audi.

She nodded and walked towards me and the car. She was wearing a black tube with a turquoise see-through long sleeve on top of it. She paired them with a black skinny jean and a yellow dollshoes.

She reached her car and really did manage open the driver's seat. My mouth fell open. Is this really her car? She was about to get in her car and I said, "I'm sorry! I really am. I just thought that this was my friends car, and the alarm went crazy, and it kinda does look like my friend's, and..."

I heard a chime like laugh, "Hey, don't worry about it girl. I'm just glad you didn't throw a rock at it."

I bit my lip. Yeah right, I was about to if I hadn't known this was yours. Where is Clarenz anyway? I looked around the parking lot and no sign of his car. He's in so much trouble, he had left me and got me into this mess. I groaned a little. I was so caught up with my thoughts when I heard someone clear a throat.

"Oh." I laughed a little under my breath, "Thanks. I'm Melissa, uhm, just Mel."

"Okay." She smiled at me, "My name's Hadey."

----------------------

Clarenz's POV:

I glanced at my watch and saw it's almost 4 in the afternoon. What's taking her so long? What else could she want to say to that scumbag? She must've said 'thanks' in all languages for her to take this long. I can feel my phone vibrate for a hundredth time in my pocket. Ok, a little exaggerated, but it really was a lot. I rolled my eyes and picked it up. It was Toni, again.

"Hey man. I don't know what you and Mel are doing but you sure are having a rough time packing it up!" I heard them laugh through the phone. I can't barely hear him due to the noise there. They must be having fun right now in that new carnival. Kids.

I shook my head and smiled, "I'm still waiting for shrimp. She had to do something." My voice changed when I mentioned it, thinking of Jason.

"Maybe she needs you to help with her, you know..." I can hear them bark a laugh again. These people, they always think Mel and I will be more than friends. Or is it just me?

"Idiot. We'll just catch up. Later." I said and then hung up. I sighed.

I tapped my foot, still waiting for Mel. I was fighting the urge to go to her and see what happened. Maybe she's in danger or something with that mut.

But I won't, I'll just have wait. I don't want Mel having a violent rush towards me and get upset to me if I get in their way.

I decided to wait for another 3 minutes before I'll leave this spot and look for her. I leaned back on my car and crossed my arms over my chest and counting. Literally. Why does time move so slow when you want to? I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Sir--" I heard Bob through my earpiece. I only wear this thing occassionally, and that's when I'm not around Mel. "Clarenz, sir. I received an important information from your father."

What is it now? I groaned internally and lift my wrist to speak, "What?"

"Trucul has just arrived." he said.