3

Fuck off!

Fuck off!

***

Where the fuck is she?

SHE JUST left! I was just waiting for my break to chat with her, then I found her seat empty. There was no way she went with that jackass!

I had a few ideas about Megan's history of hook-ups, but I was the last person to judge her—she was a consenting adult. I just didn't want her to mix with that scumbag of all the people because he had a flashy card at his disposal.

"I'll be right back." I patted Dice on his shoulder and took off my apron.

My blood was already boiling, and I badly wanted to light a stick if I wasn't still working. I strode toward the exit, hoping to apologize for butting into their chin-wag earlier.

She couldn't have gone far. The smell of pees and cigarette assaulted my senses as I scanned the area where Megan could possibly park her car. I sprinted to the parking lot, thankfully, her car tail lights were still on.

A red haze gathered behind my eyelids as soon as I spotted her outside her car.

Shit! 

"Megan!" I ran toward her, already quivering with rage. Pictures of her being harassed flashed in my brain when I noticed her on the ground, leaning against her car, seemingly shaking with her face buried in her hands.

As I got closer, I could hear her sobs that had me perplexed for a moment. This couldn't be from drinking. I'd been watching her drunk her ass for years, and she was only on her second shot.

"Megan, are you okay?" I knelt in front of her and held her arms.

"Get off of me!" She jerked away from my grasp, terrified.

"It's alright. It's me, Forrest. Are you okay?" I spelled out and held her tightly as I inspected her for possible injury.

"I don't need you! All of you, assholes!" She yelled between sobs.

"Just tell me if you're okay to drive home and I won't bother you again." Damn it! What am I even doing here? It was because she was a friend of my girls, and they would knee my balls if they found out I left their best friend alone. And she's Megan, dumbass!

"Just leave me alone."

I loosened her arms on my grip, and there was no way I would hurt her further. When she tried to stand up, I followed suit and took a step back. And that was when a chill of apprehension swept over me. Her nose was bleeding and had a hand imprinted on her left cheek.

I was already balling my hands into fists before I could ask her. "Who the fuck did that to you?"

"I'm fine. Just go. Why do you even suddenly care?" She wiped off the bloodstain with the back of her hand and gave me a cold stare.