Oof (Otis)

You take a deep breath and get up from your desk. Today was your first day at Odd Squad and you were told to do lame paperwork. You wanted to join because of the action and helping people, not lame paperwork. Your eye brows knit together as you enter Ms. O's office.

As you enter, Ms.O looks rather surprised. She raises an eyebrow and take a sip of her grape juice. A big slurping sound comes from her crazy straw as you sit down in a chair in front of the desk, uninvitedly.

"Yes, Agent Y/n?" She asks, neatly sitting down her juice box.

"I would like a case, please." You say as confidently as possible- even though your heart was about to burst through your chest.

"No, absolutely not. Today is your first day and the cases i have are rather hard." She says crossing her arms.

"I graduated from the academy for a reason! I can handle it, i promise." You argue back.

She makes a groaning noise with her eyebrows drawn together. Your breathing becomes unevenly and you now regret this decision.

"Standing up to the boss?" Her anger seems to cascade into a small smirk, "you have a future ahead of you."

"So does that mean I can get a case?" You ask hopefully.

She seems to think about it for a moment, "No-" she looks behind you and then smiles, "Agent Otis, Olympia, get in here!"

You hear feet scrambling behind you. Your time around and a girl with her hair in a ponytail with red glasses and a boy with blonde hair, combed neatly to the side and the most gorgeous blue eyes you have ever seen stand there, almost petrified.

"This is Agent y/n. Today is her first day and she would like a case. I would like you two to go in with your case but include y/n." She smirks.

"Yes Ms. O." They both say.

You stand with satisfaction and walk out, Olympia following behind you. You glance behind your shoulder, seeing Ms. O whispering something to Otis and he nods, his eyebrows knitted together.

"Hi y/n! I'm glad we are like.. partners today! Your seem kind of cool." Olympia says rather fast. You smile.

"Yeah, I just hate paperwork. I want to get in on the action." You say, following her to her desk.

"Your just like my real partner, Otis. But he is always serious." She says, babbling on.

You looked over her shoulder to Otis walking towards you two. You couldn't help but stare, something about him made your stomach do backflips.

"Well," Otis says crossing his arms, "Today we are filing out last case. I personally think this is the fun part."

You frown, "your.. your not doing a case?"

"No, we have to do the paperwork for it."

You sigh, "okay fine I'll help."

He give a quick smile and sits down at his desk, opening a blue folder. Olympia does the same but looks up at you and hands you one.

"Can you drop this off downstairs?" She asks.

You nod and take the folder. You quickly run downstairs and back up. You distracted yourself the whole time. Thinking about better things to do. You opened the door to the Lobby and ran smack into the middle of someone chest. The person drops everything in hand.

"Oof, Sorry." You say quickly picking up the persons belongings.

"It's- it's fine." Otis stutters.

You look up at him with a blush and you both smile at each other.

———————-

Two things:
1) Please please please forgive me for not updating and
2) sorry this is terrible.