"You're tired Dori. You've had a long night, you have to get some rest. You can come back later." He said.

"I'm not tired. I'm perfectly fine." Then I yawned.

Great job betraying me mouth.

Ryder raised an eyebrow. "You were saying?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I had to admit, I really was tired. The night had taken a huge toll on me, but I didn't want to leave Kruz without seeing him or knowing for sure that he would be ok.

" Dori, it's 4:37. You can always come back to look for him in the afternoon but for now, you need to get some rest. You're lucky that it's Saturday and you don't have to go to school"

I sighed again. "Fine" I mumbled and got out of my seat.

A smile made it's way onto Ryder's face. "Come on, I'll take you home"

"Wait" Dennis spoke up. He stood up and hugged me.

I frowned in confusion but hugged him back nonetheless.

"Thanks for taking care of Kruz" he said once he pulled away. "He's like a brother to me. I don't know what would've happened to him if you hadn't gotten there in time" he said, his eyes sparkling with unshed tears.

I hugged him again. "You're welcome. It's what friends are for"

I pulled away and gave him a small smile. I then turned to Micah. "See you later big guy" I said as I buried my head in his chest, his shoulder length hair tickling my forehead.

"Take care princess" he said as he kissed my forehead. We then pulled away and Ryder took me to his car.

I got in the passenger seat, made myself comfortable, then let out a heavy sigh.

Ryder, who was about to start the car, asked, "what was that for?"

"I don't know. Tiredness I guess. It was a very... eventful night"

There was a pause as he pulled out of the hospital's parking lot.
"Listen, about what Dennis said" I turned to look at him. "Thank you, very much for finding him. He's like a brother to us. I don't know what we would've done if he-" he stopped himself.

Died was the word he didn't want to say. It was too much for him. And I don't blame him, I couldn't imagine Kruz dying either.

"It's ok. It was nothing. I'm just glad I got there when I did" I said dismissing the subject.

We were silent after that. Neither
or us wanted to talk about Kruz anymore. I rested my head on the window and looked outside at the scenery. The sun was barely peeking out on the horizon.

Very soon, my eyes began to shut down and sleep took over.

                Ryder's POV

She looked so peaceful as she slept. Dennis was right, she was sleeping beauty. Maybe even prettier than she was.

Everything about her was beautiful. From her blue-green eyes, to her cute nose, to her rosy lips and her soft skin. She was perfect.

But she didn't think that.

And I hated that. I hated whoever put the thoughts in her head that she wasn't good enough. That she wasn't worth it. When really, she was.

She was so mysterious. She had so many secrets that she kept from us. But I guess I couldn't Blame her. We kept secrets from her too. Big secrets. But it was for her own good. For her own protection.

I stopped the car right outside her house. I looked at her to see that she was still asleep. She looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake her up. I knew she was tired.

I got out and went to her side, carefully opening the door so that she wouldn't fall out.

I lifted her out of the car bridal style and brought her into the house.

She was so small and fragile. It was hard to believe that this little thing had survived all the hits and kicks and slaps and whatever other punishments she got from her bullies. She was a strong girl.

I went up to her room and laid her on the bed.

She mumbled Something as I laid her down then she gripped my arm, preventing me from getting up.

"Stay" she mumbled sleepily. My eyes widened a bit at her words.

She wanted me to stay?

Once again, I tried to pull my arm out of her grip but she wouldn't let go.

I guess I have no choice.

I climbed in beside her and covered us both under her grey blanket.

She snuggled closer to me and sighed. I looked down at her and smiled.

I didn't know what it was, but there was something about her that made me feel something that I've never felt before. It scared me, not knowing what it was.

But I didn't have time to think about that. Engulfed in the smell of fresh strawberries, I fell asleep.