Charles POV

Erik and I climbed out of the car and ran towards the group of mutants.

"Raven," I called. She stood up and hugged me. "We've made arrangements for you to be taken home immediately."

"We're not going home," Sean said.

"What?"

"He's not going back to prison," Sean told me, looking at Alex.

"He killed Darwin," Alex said.

"All the more reason for you to leave," I replied. "This is over."

"Darwin's dead, Charles," Raven said. "And we can't even bury him."

"We can avenge him," Erik said.

We all looked up at him.

"Erik, a word please," I said to him, walking a few feet away from the group. Erik joined my side. "They're just kids."

"No. They were kids. Shaw has an army. We need ours."

I looked back at the group. They were all looking at us.

"We'll have to train," I told them. "All of us. Yes?"

"Yeah," Alex agreed.

"Well, we can't stay here," Hank said. "Even if they reopened the department, it's not safe. We've got nowhere to go."

"Yes we do," I replied. "Come on. Gather your things. We'll leave once everyone is ready."

The mutants smiled at one another and walked away together. Erik and Moira followed them. I sighed for a moment before looking up.

"(y/n)?" I said. The girl looked up at me, sadness and tears in her eyes. I walked towards her and sat beside her. "(y/n), what's wrong?"

"Darwin died," she said quietly.

"I know. Raven told me."

"You don't get it, Charles. I felt him die. I felt like it was happening to me. Like I was burning inside out. My chest felt like it had burst when Darwin exploded." She was shaking a lot, so I pulled her into my arms. "I've felt like this before," she said quietly. "When Remy left, I would occasionally feel like I had been punched over and over again. It wasn't my pain, but Remy's. We didn't know how this was possible, but I felt his pain like it was my own. I felt the same thing with Darwin, Charles." She paused to swallow back tears. "What is happening to me, Charles?"

"I do not know, (y/n), but I promise you, we will figure it out together. I will help you through it. So will Erik and the others. We're all here for you."