Chapter 50 - Standing Up

Start from the beginning

Everyone sat in with their head hung low in front of the operation room. It was extremely quiet, and no one really wanted to say anything.

"He just went in," Kim-Manager greeted me offering his seat. "A nurse just popped out saying that it didn't look too bad... or at least nothing life-threatening."

"Jiwoo-unnie is in the lobby talking to the receptionist about security," I told him. Then I leaned in to whisper, "Minjung came with us. We had no choice but to bring her so Jiwoo-unnie is alerting the hospital about it." He nodded and went out to go meet her.

"Here, you must be cold." Junior placed his jacket over my legs as I sat down. I thanked him.

"Thank you Junior-oppa," I responded.

"I decided to go by Jinyoung now. I already discussed it with JYP," he corrected. "When Minjung said my name, I felt like I was hiding a part of myself by using a stage name. I thought it was only right to use my real name."

"I think that is a good decision," I told him. "For the record, I think Jinyoung is a better name than Junior."

"So Hyerim-ah, what exactly happened?" JB spoke up.

"Mark and I were heading down for dinner then Minjung came out of nowhere with a knife," I explained. "Before I knew it, Mark was standing in front of me and Minjung ran into him."

"She's a freaking psychopath if you ask me," Jackson added on.

"It's all my fault. If Mark didn't get involved with me, he wouldn't have gotten in the crossfire," I sighed.

"No one blames you," Yugyeom added on. "Regardlessly, Minjung has shown an over-attachment to Mark."

"You know how the Red Carpet party being strictly company members only this year right? I heard it was safety measures against Minjung. Her own uncle can't trust her," Bambam included.

I had forgotten to let Sungjae know about the change. I thought I should let him know as soon as possible, but I didn't want to leave the operation room, just in case Mark was released in my absence. I pulled out my phone and decided to text Sungjae instead. As rude as it felt to me, I thought urgency was more important than how it was told.

[Me]: Hey Sungjae-oppa. I'm really sorry to say, but JYP decided to make the Red Carpet party exclusive to company members only this year, so I'm not allowed to invite you anymore. I'm really sorry.

I put my phone away and tried not to think about anything. The only thing on my mind was how to fight back Minjung, Hyuna, and now... Sohyun.

------------------------------------

Sungjae left Hyerim's text on read in disbelief. He really thought he had a chance to be alone with Hyerim now, but it seemed like a cosmic force was preventing it from happening.

"Hey Sungjae, where are you?" Eunkwang called him as soon as he entered the dorms.

"I'm in the kitchen," Sungjae responded back. Eunkwang made his way to him and sat right in front of the maknae.

"Hyunseung-sunbae's been looking for you. It seemed rather important," Eunkwang cautiously mentioned.

"You know I lost my respects for that hyung," Sungjae rolled his eyes. "He brought Hyerim to a party full of alcohol and left her in a room alone."

"Yeah, I get it. But I wouldn't be mentioning it if it didn't seem important enough. He sounded really serious," Eunkwang mentioned.

"Where is he?" Sungjae asked.

As instructed, Sungjae went downstairs to the cafe where Hyunseung and he spied on Hyuna. Once he entered the cafe, he walked over to private room 2, as Eunkwang-hyung said to. He opened the door to find Hyunseung sitting in a chair with his eyes closed.