Chapter 38 - Two Months Later

It's been around two months since I've last seen Mark, or Got7. Their Dream Knight was a pretty big success and it gained them more fans than ever, but that just meant more fanmeets. They were probably overseas more often than in Korea.

I, on the other hand, had a debut to worry about. 

There was just a week left until my debut on March 23th. It was supposed to be on the fourth of March, but because of my spine, the doctor requested that my debut be pushed back just a couple of weeks. 

Just yesterday, my album spoiler was released and JYPE sent out an official poll on all its social media asking fans what two songs they would like to see me promote. So far, my duet with Junior and my duet with Mark was the most voted.

Sungjae and I became really close friends after practicing and eating together for weeks. He knew me now better than my brothers probably knows me now. We stuck together like two peas in a pod, we were inseparable.

"Just seven days and you're an official artist." Sungjae said to me after Sunday's practice.

"Stop, you're making me even more nervous!" I hit him jokingly. "Are you nervous?"

"Psh, dude I'm a pro by now. Must I remind you that this is my third year already since debut?" He acted all highly.

"You're such a bluff." I joked.

"Hey, tomorrow's your physical therapy day right? Do you need someone to go with you?" Sungjae shrugged.

"Nah, it's not like it's the first time I'm going. Stop making it sound like I need a chaperone."

"No, it's just that it's a free day for me so.."

"Spend your free day the way you want. I'll go like usual: Jiwoo-unnie drives me there, I have my one-hour session, and I get my two-hour free time before Jiwoo-unnie comes and picks me up." I told him. "Anyway, I heard that you took the drama role. Are you even going to have time for me?"

"If time becomes a problem, I'll take your debut over a drama role any day friend."

We said our goodbyes as it was late at night, and Sungjae was picked up by his manager. I walked up to my dorm stretching my sore arms and legs.

"I'm home." I yelled into my dorm as I walked inside, taking my shoes off.

"Yeah, okay!" Julie yelled back. It was our way of telling each other if we are in our dorms or not. Only hearing Julie's voice, I walked to her room where she was painting her nails. "Hey, how was practice?" She asked, focusing on her nails.

"Tiring. Thank god tomorrow's Monday. I don't think I can do another 11 hour practice..." I groaned. "Is Sohyun not here yet?"

"Nah. She's still discussing with the PD about her transfer." Julie said.

Three weeks ago, Youngjae finally opened up about talking to Sohyun. While Youngjae was properly confessing his feelings to her, he asked her out and asked her to give him a chance. 

Sohyun rejected him, telling him that she unfortunately doesn't feel the same way. Youngjae fell into a small depressed mood causing him to compose several songs about being hurt, but returned back to his happy self about a week ago.

Sohyun felt so much blame and guilt to why Youngjae was so unhappy that she thought it'd be best to pursue her career elsewhere, even though Youngjae tried to convince her to stay. Somehow, she already got her hands on a Cube contract and asked JYP if he could help her transfer to Cube. 

At first, JYP couldn't believe that Sohyun was going move out of JYPE mainly because he had hoped she would become the next Suzy, but after hearing her dreams of becoming a singer instead of an actress (which JYP has been pushing her towards), he agreed to help her.