Chapter 50 - Standing Up

"Someone stop her!" Someone shrieked from the Cafeteria and all the attention went to Minjung running down the halls to the elevators.

Mark noticed her run before Hyerim did and stepped right in front of her with his back towards to Cafeteria.

"It's my turn to protect you," He whispered before Minjung's knife deeply pierced his side. Wincing, he looked at Hyerim and smiled to himself before he fell to the ground unconscious.

----------------------------

Once Mark fell, I couldn't hear anything. My ears rang, and everything fell into silence. I dropped down and shook him but no matter how much I yelled at him, he didn't wake up.

"Wasn't hurting me enough?" I yelled at Minjung who just stood there blankly with the bloody knife still in hand. "You had to stab him?!" I stood up and pushed her to the wall. She ended up scratching her face with the knife.

"Let me go!" She tried to push me away, but I kept her pinned to the wall. She began weeping. "He's bleeding a lot!" I turned my attention to him.

I sat back down next to him and held onto his wound. It took mere seconds for people to gather around him and a couple minutes to get him down to the waiting ambulance. I wanted to get in the ambulance too, but I was held back by Jiwoo-unnie who said I needed to stay behind to give a witness statement.

"But he could be dying! I was supposed to get stabbed. Me!" I said in the least eloquent way.

"That's why you need to give the statement. It's to answer why she tried to stab anyone to in the first place." Jiwoo said.

"Because she hates me for supposedly taking what's hers when she never had any of it in the first place!" I yelled in anger. "I kept quiet about it because I pitied her and her selfish efforts, but now I'm not the only victim."

"Come on, we're going to the hospital. I'll try to get PD-nim to stall the statement as long as possible." Jiwoo grabbed her keys from the reception desk, and we headed to the garage. Just as I got into my seat, Jiwoo-unnie started the engine, but immediately stomped on the break. My arm hit the glove box from the impulse.

Jiwoo-unnie pulled down her window and yelled, "Get the hell out of the way."

"Take me with you." A quivering voice spoke. I looked up and saw Minjung standing right in front of the car.

"Are you crazy?" Jiwoo-unnie yelled back.

"I won't do anything, okay? Please. I just want to see him and no one's letting me go," Minjung cried. "He wasn't supposed to get hurt, and I want to apologize."

"We're not taking the perpetrator to the victim," Jiwoo-unnie responded.

"We're wasting time. I'm not going to move so either you take me or you run me over," Minjung looked at me. "I just want to apologize and that's it."

"Let her in," I told Jiwoo-unnie.

"But...." Jiwoo-unnie hesitated.

"It's either we spend all night here arguing with her or taking her to the hospital and letting the security there handle it," I said. "She's right. We're just wasting time right now."

Jiwoo reluctantly opened the back door, and Minjung rushed inside.

"Thank you," She whimpered.

The car ride to the hospital was awkward and quiet. I quietly passed Minjung a tissue box to wipe her tears and the blood on her face. She silently took it without a word.

When we arrived, we each went our separate ways. Minjung disappeared somewhere in the crowd, Jiwoo went to alert security about Minjung, and I went towards the emergency center of the hospital where Kim-Manager and the other members were waiting.