1

The trees were rushing past so all that could be seen was a green blur.

The boy was looking down at his phone where he stared at the painful message that he just couldn't get over.

I'm breaking up with you.

He let out a sigh and let his head fall back on the headrest of the seat. He looked over to his side to see his friend sound asleep. He never understood how that kid could sleep on a bus.

Suddenly the bus went over a large bump and his friend woke up quickly.

"Where am I?" He asked, startled by the surprise wake up call.

"We're on a bus, Jaehyun," he answered with a small smirk.

Jaehyun let out a sigh of relief. He looked out the window and smiled when he saw where they were.

"We're almost there," Jaehyun said before glancing down at the boy's lap where he held his phone, the message still visible. "Yuta."

Yuta looked down at his phone and turned it off quickly before sliding it into his pocket.

"What did I tell you before we got on this bus?" Jaehyun asked with an eyebrow raise.

Yuta just glared at Jaehyun before letting out a sigh.

"That I wouldn't think about him," Yuta said simply.

"And here you are, thinking about him," Jaehyun said, a little upset about the situation.

"I don't know if I'll ever let go of this," Yuta said sadly as he looked back out the window.

"You'll be okay, trust me, you deserve better," Jaehyun said, trying his best to comfort his friend.

Yuta said nothing. He just wanted to know why. He got that message two days ago and he still hasn't replied. He was scared to reply. He just couldn't do it.

"Hey, the next stop is ours," Jaehyun said as he grabbed his bag from the floor and stood up.

Yuta shook his head, getting out of his thoughts and grabbed his bag, standing up with Jaehyun. They made their way to the front of the bus before it came to a complete stop. They hopped off together before they started to walk with their heavy bags on their backs.

"I'm so excited to see my old friends," Jaehyun said happily.

"I got some friends here as well," Yuta said simply.

"What?! How? You're a Japan boy," Jaehyun said with shock.

"I used to visit Korea a lot when I was younger, so I know some people."

"Who, I might know them," Jaehyun said, getting excited that his friend wouldn't be sulky if he was around other people.

"Lee Taeyong, Moon Taeil, and Lee Donghyuk," Yuta answered simply.

"I think I might know Taeyong," Jaehyun said as he tried to remember. "I don't really remember."

"Hey, when we get to your grandmother's house, can I take a nap?" Yuta asked. He really needed to get some sleep. He's been having terrible nightmares lately and can't seem to stop them from reappearing.

"Yeah, we'll have to share a room though, is that alright?" Jaehyun asked. They weren't too far now.

"Is there two beds?" Yuta questioned, knowing he wasn't about to sleep on the ground.

"Yeah," Jaehyun answered.

"Then I don't mind."

A few more minutes of them walking and they had finally made it to the house. Jaehyun smiled with glee at the old house he used to spend so much time at. He ran up to the house and opened the door that was unlocked.

"Grandma, I'm home!" Jaehyun yelled into the house as he entered, Yuta trailed behind him.

"Oh Yoonoh sweetie, I've missed you so much," his grandmother said, appearing from the living room. She went up to her grandson and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you too," Jaehyun said with a smile, he suddenly remembered Yuta. "Oh Grandma, this is my friend I was telling you about, Yuta."

Yuta just smiled a bit at the elderly women.

"It's nice to meet you," he said simply.

"I hope you have fun here, my house is your house. Any friend of Yoonoh's is a grandchild to me," she told him with a sweet old lady smile.

"He's a bit tired so I'm going to take him upstairs and then we can chat," Jaehyun said as he took Yuta's wrist and dragged him upstairs.

He brought them up to the spare bedroom where two beds sit across from each other. Jaehyun put his bag down and so did Yuta.

"This will be our room, you can take a nap now if you want, I want you to meet somebody later so rest up," Jaehyun said before walking out of the room.

Yuta just simply made his way to one of the beds and laid down. He let out a sigh as he took out his phone. There was that haunting message again.

I'm breaking up with you.

Those words wouldn't leave his thoughts, ever. He put his phone on the nightstand and closed his eyes. He needed sleep, it was an escape.

-

Yuta woke up hours later. He looked to see Jaehyun laying on the bed playing games on his phone. He looked up for a second to see Yuta awake.

"Oh you're finally awake," Jaehyun said sitting up. "How'd you sleep?"

Yuta thought about the dream he had, he sighed knowing it wasn't real. He wished it was real. He wanted to just hold him one last time, kiss him one last time, but he couldn't.

"Fine," Yuta answered quickly and looked out the window. He looked to see a boy get out of his car across the street. Yuta instantly got curious. The boy looked pretty young and cute from this distance. "Jaehyun, who lives across the street?" Yuta asked as Jaehyun unpacked his things.

"My friend used to live there for awhile, I don't know if he still lives there," Jaehyun answered.

Yuta looked back out the window at the house. For a split second, he saw a boy in the upstairs window but the curtains soon closed quickly. Yutae started to get more curious.

"What was his name?"

"Dong Sicheng, he was Chinese and he was so cute and sweet," Jaehyun said with a small smile.

Yuta felt this bit of jealousy when he heard Jaehyun call him cute and sweet.

"I think he still lives there," Yuta said looking away from the window.

"What makes you say that?" Jaehyun asked with wide eyes, as he stopped putting clothes away.

"Cause I saw a boy go in there."

Jaehyun got up quickly and grabbed Yuta's hand, dragging him out of the room and down the stairs. Jaehyun put on his shoes quickly and so did Yuta before Jaehyun dragged him outside and ran across the street to the house. Jaehyun knocked on the door quickly.

Before they knew it the door swung open and Yuta's eyes widened at what he saw.

*what did I do?*

-katz