Akhenatem is the daughter of Ra, a former pharaoh of the Egyptian gods and the most powerful god in existence. He was forced into retirement by Isis and after taking precautions to stop Apophis, he became a senile old man, who wound up in the House of Rest in the Duat while Akhenatem was hunted and tormented by Isis till the goddess gave up.

History
Atem was created to be Ra's perfect soldier and protector from the other gods and goddesses. She was made by his power with the one job of protecting and serving him. But issues with Isis wanting Osiris to be King set plans in motion where Ra was forced to leave. Atem, unable to follow, moved to live among the mortals. 

She also left to keep from being constantly harassed by Isis, having had to deal with her constant traps and attempts on Atem's life. Atem made a living as a warrior, moving through out all of Egypt to either learn more or to fight for some cause. For several years it involved a young warrior she'd seen a lot of potential in. 

But as time went on, the world changed and she found herself in the court of Seti I, hired to train his Medjai, along with his daughter and mistress. The two girls worked hard, one picked up things quicker than the other. As they got older, Seti I found that his daughter would be best suited to protect one of the prized possessions of Egypt, The Bracelet of Anubis.

While his mistress would be best suited to protect him. Seeing as Atem would be going back to fulling training the newer Medjai. For months things went well. Seti I would travel and return to check on things, in her spare time, Atem found that she favored a Medjai warrior, she had first noticed this when he started to spend all of his spare time with her.

She'd inquired to why he did so and had told her that something in him called to her, she'd gone years thinking that, because she was created and not born, that she has no soul. But focusing as well she realized she felt something telling her that what he said is true, her own soul called to him as well. 

For months things went well. Until Seti I was killed by his Mistress and her lover. Stressed by the situation, Atem had to focus on burials for Seti, his daughter and the Mistress. But it didn't stop there, the Mistress's lover wanting to bring her back broke into her crypt, stole her body along with the black book and attempted to bring her back to life.

But because of the efforts of Atem and the Medjai, he was stopped. Atem, herself ordered the servants of the priest, that turned out to be the Mistresses lover, to be mummified alive and the priest himself was punished with the Hom-Dai. She went as far as to carry out the punishment herself. Once finished, the priest was locked away never to see daylight ever again. 

To punish herself, Atem left. Leaving behind the Medjai warrior, she'd fallen in love with. Centuries passed and Atem travelled. Seeing other things, learning of the world. But nothing compared to her home and in 1920, she found herself back in Egypt, working at the library with a young woman who she knew to be a reincarnation of the long dead daughter of Seti I.  

Abilities and Qualities:
Akhenatem has all the same powers as her Father as she was created to be powerful enough to protect him. She is also a skilled fighter in multiple styles, she is multi-lingual, and is a confident leader when it is needed.

Fire Magic:
Atem, besides having other superior abilities and powers, chooses to use fire magic, due to her being the Daughter of the God of the Sun and Heat. Thus, Atem can shoot enormous columns of fire as she pleases, which explode when they hit their target. 

Vapor Image/Light Magic:

Atem, as the Daughter of the God of the Sun and Heat, has her image dance in hot vapor, causing her opponent to misjudge her location. Also in her capacity as the daughter of the sun god, Atem has control over light. Some of her powers and presence are described as bright or glowing.

Massive Strength:
As a goddess, she is gifted with superhuman strength but as the daughter of Ra, it is even more powerful.

Replenishing Energy:
Atem, as the daughter of the God of Creation and Renewal, is able to replenish energy and give vitality by just her presence.

Relationships:
Akkadians: Atem took a young Akkadian warrior as her pupil and taught him how to fight before he left to learn more and to start living on his own.

Seti I: Atem was always asked to join in Seti's council as he asked her for advice on everything, he respected her judgement enough to try and use her ideas and suggestions. He trusted her to train his men and his daughter and his Mistress.

The Medjai: Atem to them was someone who they gave their unfaltering loyalty to, they trusted her to lead them accordingly, and she never failed. Even when she felt she did, as was shown by her leaving. 

Evelyn Carnahan and her brother Jonathan: Atem saw how gullible and accident prone these two siblings were and decided to look out for them, even more so when Jonathan found something dangerous from Atem's past. With the key back in circulation Atem knew she'd be forced to deal with her past.

Pairing:
Ardeth Bay

Pairing:Ardeth Bay