Ch. 2: Message

A/N: Okay first I would like to apologize for leaving you guys hanging for sooooo long. I'm very sorry and I have no excuse for my mistake. Here's the second chapter of Catfish and more chapter will be coming every 2-3 days. Thank you to everyone who still sticking with me. Have a great day!

Chapter 2

It's been about two days since I spoke to my handsome stranger and I've been too flustered to text him back. I wonder if he'll ever text me first?

It's 6 a.m. in the morning and I have to get up in 15 minutes for my hell known as school. I watch my phone as each measly minute passes by; I can't fall back asleep knowing I only have a few minutes left.

I decide to get up and complete my usual routine of brushing my teeth, eating cereal, going back to sleep, then getting dressed. Altogether it takes me about half an hour. Before I leave I take a quick glance at my phone and still no messages from him. I feel a little sting in my chest. Why won't he text me?

As I'm pouting, I look at myself in the mirror. I'm pretty average. My hair is dirty-blonde that falls just below my shoulders and I have a tiny body that can barely hold onto the gray sweater that's clinging for dear life. My black skinny jeans make me look fuller which is why I pretty much wear them every day. I turn around and take a glance at my butt. Flat as a fucking pancake. I sigh. Why the hell do guys like boobs and butts? They're literally sacks of fat. The only thing I really like about myself is the fact that I have blue eyes. Yep, that's pretty much it.

I finally leave my house, my self-esteem pretty low and I walk all the way to the bus stop. I absolutely hate getting on that freakin' Twinkie on wheels. The bus arrives in all it's Twinkieness and I feel something vibrate. My phone!

I quickly snatch it from my back pocket and see what the alert was.

It's Levi! He texted me! He actually texted me! I could barely contain my fits of joyous laughter. I could tell I wasn't doing so well when I got a few stares from the people surrounding me. All I could do was just stare a the notification that simply said, "Hey."

I get on the bus and quickly take my seat so I can open up my message from Levi.

"Hey."

I didn't know what to say. There's so many possible things I could reply. I finally decided on the most complex and delicate reply my mind could conjure up.

"Hi."

Okay so it wasn't exactly what I said it was, but it's a start. I felt my phone buzz again.

"Hey Alaina, how are you doing? I was just checking in on you because you never texted me back and I was worried I'd never hear from you again. I couldn't help but think of you."

I was speechless. This man, this absolutely wonderful and beautiful and sweet and caring man was worried I wouldn't text him back? I felt giddy on the inside. My self-esteem was so high I felt as though I could knock out Beyonce with it. I texted him back with lightning fingers.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I was worried about the same thing, but I just got really excited when we first spoke and I didn't know what to say lol. If you haven't noticed ur kinda gorgeous."

"Lol trust me, I get that a lot. But thanks Alaina for texting me back anyways."

Jeez, he's so sweet and I've already lied to him about my name. Okay I'm gonna tell him. Before I could even type, I got another message from him.

"Hey Alaina. It's kind of early and I don't know if you were busy with anything and I bothered you, but I'm sorry. I'm still tired so I'm going back to sleep. Have a great day! :) I'll text ya later."

I have never felt more relieved in my life. I was prepared to tell him everything. Well I only lied about my name so that's an easy fix, but I don't want him to know what I look like because after all, he's still a stranger.

I spend the rest of the bus ride on Instagram and Facebook. Once I got to school, everything about it seemed to get better because of Levi. The entire day felt like a breeze even though I got bullied and tripped and fell in the cafeteria. None of that mattered to me as long as I had Levi.

School was finished in an instant and I was already on the bus ride home. It's almost 3 and I get another text from Levi.

"Hey Alaina!!!! Since you know what I look like, I have been wanting to see the person I've been talking to sooo how about it?"

Shit. I'm not ready for this yet. His text hit me harder than that cheeseburger from Five Guys. I didn't reply back to his text but he knows I read it, so I better be quick. After about 10 minutes I finally replied.

"Okay. When I get home, I'm kinda busy," I lied.

Shit. Shit. Shit!!!!