[01]

"good morning! my name is y/n l/n and I am the new night guard."

about 7 pairs of eyes stared at me as I introduced myself, making 14 eyes total. im the new night guard for freddy fazbear's pizzeria if you hadn't caught on already. today was the staff meeting where all the employees gathered at the restaurant to discuss business plans and such for the new week or so.

I was obligated to attend because i needed to know the basics about what to do over night. the guy who hired me said he was going to tell me today but he hasn't approached me yet, which was odd.

in all honesty I would have chosen any other job than this one if I could but I'm in desperate need of money and with it being the summertime, most jobs have been snagged by high school students. fazbear's was my last resort.

I sat at the table the other staff members were sitting at. they were talking amongst themselves while I studied the room. it was the main lobby, just a big room with twelve tables and an inner stage. on the stage were three human robots, all positioned to face outward and all with smiles. they were awfully cute looking for robots.

I felt a tap on my shoulder while I was still looking around and I turned to see who it was. it was another guard, probably has the day shift.

"you said you were the new night guard right?"

I nodded. "yes. I'm y/n," I replied.

"my name's jeremy, I have the day shift."

called it.

"nice to meet you jeremy," I replied with a smile.

"hey, I wanted to tell you something about the mascots," jeremy started, "I heard that they come to life after midnight." I tilted my head in confusion and scrunched my nose. what did he mean by that? "the reason why you have this job in the first place is because the previous night guard quit the day after he got the job. the ones before him either quit, left and never came back, or even went as far as to commit suicide."

what hell? what happened to "welcome to freddy fazbear's! can't wait to work with you!" kind of attitude?

"what, really?" I asked. jeremy nodded. "but, come on do you really believe that?" I asked with a scoff.

jeremy shrugged. "I'm debating in my head to believe it or not." I looked at the figures on the stage and studies their features.

"hey jeremy do you know who hired me over the phone the other day?"

"You were hired over the phone?" he asked. I nodded.

jeremy scratched his head. "hold on one second." jeremy excused himself and walked over to another employee. they talked to each other for about three minutes before jeremy walked back over and sat down.

"sorry. the guy you spoke to over the phone was the phone guy."

"phone guy?"

"that's what we call him. nobody knows his real name and identity, he's the guy who answers the telephone whenever we call for something."

"well, he told me that he was going to show me the basics for tonight. but I guess he isn't so who is?"

"I'll show ya," jeremy said, "it's very simple it wouldn't be a problem."

"oh, thank you."

I stood up from my seat and followed jeremy. he went to an office in the back on the restaurant and opened the door. "this is the office you'll be staying in the whole night. you can do whatever in here, the only rule is you can't leave it at anytime before your shift is over. we had some issues with another night guard who would tamper with the animatronics. needless to say he didn't stay for very long."