Chapter Twenty-Three: Break-Ups and Make-Ups

Start from the beginning

“GEORGE!” My mother yells angrily into the house. I didn’t realize he was here. She sets the soup and crackers on the floor before stalking off to find him. I trail closely behind because there is no way in hell that I could miss this.

“Anne, what is it?” Mr. Wright asks, alarmed at her anger, rushing out of the kitchen to see her.

“Why does Harry tell me you have been tormenting him and Louis?”

“What are you talking about?”

“What do you mean ‘what am I talking about’? I’m talking about the fact that you’re trying to get a teacher fired by using my son!” She exclaims angrily.

“I’m not doing that,” Mr. Wright lies. “I’m trying to prove to everyone that your son and Louis are having an illegal relationship. Louis is a sex offender for Christ’s sake, Anne. I’m trying to protect your son. For us.”

“Oh, cut the crap, Mr. Wright,” I say loudly. “You aren’t trying to do shit for anybody but yourself! There was nothing going on between Louis and I but a harmless friendship which you ruined for your selfish reasons.”

“You’ve been tormenting my son for too long, Mr. Wright.”

“Yeah, not as long as Louis has been fucking your son, Mrs. Cox,” he responds sarcastically.

“Oh yeah right,” I yell trying to defend myself. “I’m still a virgin, dumbass. I’m saving myself for marriage. So, no, Louis hasn’t been fucking me.” It was yet another lie, but it still helped my case so I said it anyway.

“Harry, language,” my mother warns, still trying to ‘mother’ in the worst of times. “Anyway, George, I’d really appreciate it if you got your things together and left. For good. We’re through.”

“Anne,” he says.

“Done, Mr. Wright. I will not having you torment Harry and Mr. Tomlinson, who has been nothing but nice to my family. You get your things, and you leave.”

“Fine,” Mr. Wright says, grabbing a small bag from the kitchen. “I was just leaving anyway.”

“You stay away from Harry, do you understand? I want you around him no longer.” Mr. Wright rolls his eyes and stomps out of the house without saying another word to either of us. I wish I would have known it would have been that easy to get rid of Mr. Wright because I would have done it long ago.

“Harry, I’m sorry,” mom says with a sigh. “I wish you would have told me. I would have left him long ago.”

“It’s not like that, mom,” I say. She sighs again and pulls me into a hug.

“Maybe we should go talk to Louis and try to patch up the ol’ friendship,” she suggests. I only agree to make her happy and with that I’m on my way to the Tomlinson house for the second time today.