Josh's POV

After Poppy leaves Abram immediately bursts into growling. He stands taller and anger fills his previously sad and pain filled eyes. I know I'm in trouble.

"The Huntress? You let the Huntress onto our campus? Not to mention that's my sister! Josh, my god, do you realize the way you're looking at her?" He yells.

I sigh and lower my head. "I saved her Abram. I wasn't focused on the fact she was Huntress. I was more concerned about Poppy Stranger the girl I've grown up with. The girl I promised you I would protect!" I growl. "Also I know the way I look at her, but I'm not about to give up my responsibility to be with Emmy. It's for the pack I get that."

"That's my sister Josh. She has been risking her life to kill people like us and you never knew. Had you found out though what were you going to do? Bring her here where she obviously hates it? Josh, I know you protected her but that's still my sister. My sister who is the pack's single most dangerous enemy. I just don't know what to do." He says quietly as he sinks down one of the walls to the floor.

"I never meant for her to be harmed. Trust me Abram that is the last thing I want. There were just no other options. The boys had your parents. They had learned too much. I'm sorry" I whisper.

"You care a lot about her don't you?" He asks quietly.

"Abram, I've liked her since the day I met her. You and your parents know that."

"Don't hurt her Josh. Please, you're the only one who can show her we are still humans."

I nod and walk out of the library. As I walk away I hear his quiet almost silent sobs. They sound of nothing less than pure heartbreak and pain.

When I get back to my room I faintly hear music. The music is coming from my room. I walk into my room and find Poppy laying face down with her IPod blasting. I can tell that this isn't happy peppy cheerful music. It's more of the sad lonely pain filled music.

"So how mad are you?" I ask gently.

"I can't be mad. I'm heartbroken and betrayed there's a difference. He let us think he was dead." She then bursts into shoulder shaking sobs.

I climb onto my bed and crawl up to her. I wrap my arms around her and pull her into my lap. She sobs into my chest for an hour or so and ends up crying herself to sleep. My heart screams at me to stay put and hold her. The rational side of my brain warns that this will just beginning of a very good and dangerous thing that could hurt us both. As they fight my body drifts to sleep and in a matter of minutes both have lost to the sleep overwhelming me.