Lauren

Simon: the boy everyone (including the teachers) is terrified of; the boy who has punched at least 400 times at the age of 14; our boss. Daniel: 2nd in command. Pat: the mastermind. Enriquo and Kos: the slaves. Me, Jason? The 3rd in change.

    Next day
    Dear Diary,
Today me and Simon played ALL day. I think he's my new Best frend. He is very good at foot ball. He won, 7-0. I don't care much, because now I'm happy I've found a frend. Finally. I have too tell you dear diary... I have a love crush on Lauren.
    I sigh - oh, how my spelling was utterly horrible! I cringe slightly at the diary entry from 7 years ago. I still do though; I still love her. She's beautiful. Brown hair, green eyes. I think she thinks I'm her friend. I can't ask her out, Simon is obsessed over her. and very possessive. If I ask her out, then I'm going to be killed. The note which he threw at me in English should say it all:
"I know u like her. I see how u look at her. Well guess what, lover boy? Stay away because she is mine. And u out of all people show know what happens to people who take things that rn't urs, Jason. Especially with me."
    I looked over at Simon, and his smirk sent chills down my spine. The teacher saw the note though. But she didn't take it literally, I did. Simon got Isolation but if he could care less: he was there for at least 1/3 of his life. Surprisingly, he's never ever been expelled. Honestly, I don't know about any of Simons background. He has never told, and I doubt he ever will.
    I ran to the atrium. It was my favourite place to go. The smell of books just made me want to sink in them. Each page of every good book would draw me in even more, making it close to impossible to put the book down.
    "Hey, Jason!" I recognised that calming voice anywhere. A smile was evident on my face.
    "Hi ... ermmmmm... Lauren." I could feel myself going red.
    "Actually, I really need to talk to you."
    "Go behind... I mean ahead... ahead."
    "Well you know Simon, well he asked me out, and seeing as you're his best friend, I just thought I'd ask you whether I should say yes or no."
    "He asked you out?" Thoughts rushed around in my head, and the questions started to kill me. 'Simon asked Lauren out? And she might say yes?'
    "Yeah, you see the thing is... well, I don't think he's the emotional type. I think he's more of a physical wreck. I saw him the other day, he was with some hoodie kids. They looked like a gang, but one of them was really eerie. Like he started to just try and walk away, like he didn't want to be in it. I kinda like him to be honest. I like how he tries to do what's right, and he stands up for what he believes. Anyone who can do that has real courage, so yeah, I guess I like him. I just don't know who he is," she gushed about this boy. She changed the subject ever so causally, "Did you know Simon was in a gang?"
    I looked at her. She liked me? I was the kid trying to walk away; I was the kid who was ashamed; I was the kid who was trying to do what's right.
   "Erm... well Simon isn't in a gang. If he was, he would tell me. I think you shouldn't like the guy who walked away though. He probably is serious trouble." I had just lost it. I lost my chance to tell Lauren how much I loved her, but even if I did then Simon would order to kill me. He's already killed 13 people in his life, so why not make it 14? 'God, this whole thing is so unbelievably messed up.'
    "Yeah, I mean they really did look like a gang, but I'll take your word for it. I trust you a lot, Jason, so if you say that he isn't, I believe you." She gave me a warm smile, before walking off.
    "Lauren!"
    She turned around on her heels.
    "Yeah?"
   "I... here's my number." I gave it to her and walked away. The sadness wasn't trying to break my heart anymore.