Chapter 21. Watch Your Back

Start from the beginning

"I don't like bacon. I'm more of a sausage lover" He mumbled before he smacked his forehead realizing how he sounded.

"Oh I know" I teased placing my hand to the back of his neck while he smiled bashfully as he stared down at his lap.

I drove to a diner we use to frequent a lot when we were younger for the nostalgia and because I knew he liked the food, a lot.

After I attempted to parallel park three times before getting it, we got out of the car and he walked ahead of me into the diner. Besides the few old couples inside the place was empty.

"I'll be with you in a minute" A waitress said as she walked passed us holding a coffee mug. Aaron looked at me and I ushered him towards the back where a booth was and we got comfortable inside.

"Why you come out the house with slides on and it's cold as hell out here?" I questioned as he stretched out his sock covered foot across my lap. He wore two pairs of elite socks on each foot but I could tell it barely did shit for him.

"Because I wasn't expecting to be out here long and then you brought up food so I was like fuck it" Aaron said with a shrug.

"I would rub your feet but we about to eat so-" I trailed off as the waitress finally made her way towards us and handed us menus but we didn't even need to look at them.

"He want a plate of French toast, four pieces with a side of eggs and another plate of just six strips bacon. I just want a sausage egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel with a hash brown on the side" Aaron ordered and she looked at him crazy but wrote it down anyway.

"Also could we just get a pitcher of orange juice and two cups?" I questioned and she gave a simple nod before writing that down as well. "Thank you" I said as she walked away.

Aaron rested his head back and smiled to himself showing his teeth and I just watched him in silence. After awhile he snapped out of his daze and looked at me before he busted out laughing.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I was just thinking about something" he clarified and I shifted.

"I can't look at you?" I questioned as he covered his face with his hands and looked elsewhere to be an ass.

"No but foreal, I'm serious about getting this divorce and starting a life with you. I was young before and had growing to do, but we're both ready now" I said grabbing one of his hands away from his face and held onto it.

"Glad you came to your senses, finally. I'm ready to be treated like the king I am" Aaron responded propping his head up with his other hand. The waitress returned with the pitcher of orange juices along with two cups that she sat down before going to another table.

"Angelo was suppose to bail out Amaru and his crew, he probably gonna make them sit for another day. When he asked me if I wanted him to post bail for me too I was like nah because I already know what's up" I said and Aaron laughed.

"I should've made you stay in there until tomorrow as well. You had me thinking you was coming home and then I get a phone call that nearly stopped my heart" Aaron said giving me a light punch.

When the food finally arrived I looked at Aaron's sandwich and my mouth started to water. He lifted it up and took a bite out of it and while he chewed he didn't bother looking at me as he extended his hand holding the sandwich out to me.