Chapter 1: Andi

Chapter 1: Andi

I was watching the guy across me intently as he drank his Vodka. Idiot, you are never suppose to leave you drink unattended, but this guy did. He choked and gagged, and immediately his head hit the table with a thud and he died. I stood up and called my boss Mitchell Hanson.

"The assignment is finished, Mitchell," I said as I put on my sunglasses over my contact lenses eyes.

"Good job, Andi. I'll have someone clear up the scene and I want you to return to Base," Mitchell commanded.

"Sure, will do, boss," I said.

I left the dead guy back in his hotel as I walked to my car. And if you're thinking why I killed him, understand that it was for a very good reason. The dead guy, Cooper Danvers, controls all the gangs, drugs, and women trafficking around this area. Of course, he also killed a numerous of innocent people throughout the world. He deserved to die, one way or another.

Base, is another word for the secret facility that runs underground of Washington D.C. It's where the world best Spies/CIA's are trained as well as worked. That's what I am. A spy or espionage. Or CIA if you prefer that, but I like spy. It makes me sound like James Bond.

I've been trained as a special agent since I was just born. My parents were both CIA agents but died in an assignment. Ever since then, Mitchell Hanson, my boss and legal guardian took me in and trained me himself. He was a badass in the making, trust me. He taught me to fight, handle a huge variety of weapons, learn different languages, different currencies, and change my cover really quickly, throughout my sixteen years.

I walked across the lawn and in front of the Washington Monument. To anyone who might notice me, they will just see a sixteen year old girl looking at a famous structure. Those who know my identity as a spy, they know that I'm waiting for the invisible laser and security to finish scanning me.

The grass open up under my feet and I jumped in. It was like sliding down those slides, but this is more dangerous.

I punched in my code for the door, pressed my finger against the thumb scanner and finally walked in the underground Base.

Underground was like a huge office, with computers screens, a weapon area, a combat area, and secluded offices. I stopped at one of the offices that said "Mitchell Hanson" in the front and walked in.

"Sit down, Andi," he soft face smile at me.

"I trust that you have no trouble getting here?" he asked.

"Besides the fact that I have to endure Cooper Danvers kissing me, it was all good," I nodded.

He laughed and said, "Sorry about that. You are the best one around here, with both looks and intelligence."

I nodded.

"So what's up, boss?" I asked.

"I have a new job for you," he handed me a file and I turned to open it.

I flipped to the first page and saw a girl about seven or eight with curly blond hair, blue eyes, and a cute smile.

"That's Eliza Peirce, daughter of the mayor in Richmond, Virginia. Not too long ago, she was kidnapped. But the police found her. However, the criminal who kidnapped her escaped. He left a note saying that he will be back and when he does, she will die."

I turned to the next page and found a copy of the note. It read:

She was lucky this time. The next time I'll see her, which will be soon, she will not survive.

"What do they want with her?" I asked.

"They want to kidnap her for ransom. Mr. Anthony Peirce is the richest and most famous man in Virginia with him being mayor and all," Mitchell told me.