I pulled my shirt on, buttoning it up and then loosely tucking it into my skirt, leaving a little of the fabric hanging over the waistline. I left one of the buttons undone, like always, because it practically choked me if I buttoned all the buttons up. I also didn't like the way it looked buttoned up completely. Our uniforms were just pleated skirts, mine was black, with button-up shirts, which was also black and then knee-high socks.

We were allowed to pick our shoes and bring jackets if we wanted, but it was required that we wear our uniforms. My whole outfit was black, but there were different choices for each item of clothing. I just happened to prefer black.

The thing that made me angry was that guys didn't really have a uniform. They only had an assigned shirt they had to wear, but they got two. One long-sleeved of their choice color, and a short-sleeved of their choice color, whereas we only got short-sleeved. We were all allowed to wear jewelry, thankfully, though I usually just had four rings and a necklace.

I left my closet, grabbing my towel off the floor and hanging it in my bathroom. I plopped on the bed, glancing over at Reed, "Aren't you going to go home and get ready?" I asked, frowning. Reed stared at me, "You're an idiot. I already did, I was joking earlier. I wasn't raiding your pantry or fridge." He rolled his eyes. I glanced at him, noticing he was wearing something different from what he'd been wearing last night.

He was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt, which was undeniably hot on him, I admit. It clung to his arms and was rolled up to his forearm with the skin of his collarbone on slight display. He had on a pair of black jeans, and I was thankful the guy actually knew his size. Some guys got jeans too baggy and some too tight, but his seemed to fit him just right. He also had a pair of plain converse, which looked new.

I paused, "Oh." I mumbled, slipping my sock onto my foot before pulling it up my leg. I hated having to wear these socks sometimes because they often rolled down my legs, bunching up every few minutes and had to constantly be readjusted. It was annoying.

I turned the other sock inside out before slipping it on and standing from my bed, grabbing my usual shoes that I wore to school. I wore ankle cut black booties, which had a slightly dressy look to them but had a different sole than you'd usually find on booties. I pulled them on and glanced over at Reed, "You can...do whatever you usually do before school, you know. You don't have to stay here."

"I'm just gonna take you to school." He shrugged. I frowned, "Noah usually does that." I stated, and he raised a brow at me. "Doesn't he have a girlfriend?" He narrowed his eyes at me and I nodded, "Yeah, why? Are you...interested in him?" I asked, "Cause, and no offence, but you're not exactly his type." I smiled at him. Reed glared at me, "Do you not remember having a conversation with me about how I had a girl to fuck? I'm not gay, idiot." He scoffed.

I raised my hands in surrender, shrinking back a little, "Hey, you never know. Maybe you were bi. How was I supposed to know?" I huffed, and he rolled his eyes, "Well, I'm not." I heard him mumble. "But I was asking 'cause he treats you more like a girlfriend than his actual girlfriend. I see you with him all the time." He says.

"We're friends, Reed. I really don't know what you're trying to get at here." I sigh, grabbing my deodorant off my dresser and swiping it on quickly. "You don't think it's weird that he drives you to school, but not his girlfriend?" He asks, raising his brows at me in my mirror. I place my hand on my hip, turning to face him, "I don't know what to tell you. We're friends, nothing more and nothing less. Olivia doesn't get picked up by him because she doesn't want to. He's already tried asking her, several times, actually." I shrug.

"That sounds like bullshit." He says bluntly.

I frown, "Well, ninety percent of what you say sounds like bullshit to me too, but you don't hear me complaining." I snap, and he stands up, coming to stand in front of me. "Go get your fucking ass in my car, now." He hisses, his eyes boring into mine. "You're not my dad, Reed. You can't tell me what to do." I say stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest.

Reed shoves me back into my dresser, placing his hands onto the surface as he steps closer to me, our chests brushing. I gaze up at him, almost ready to burst into tears at the look on his face. He looked so, so angry at me. He clenched his jaw, and then he brushed his fingers against my wrist. "Get in the fucking car." He muttered, dark eyes staring intently into mine. I pushed him away, finding him too close for comfort as I stood with my butt against the dresser, "You're too aggressive." I huff.

"I don't care. You're an annoying brat. See, we can both state the obvious." He gave me a sarcastic smile, rolling his eyes. I went to move past him, but he pushed me back into place, not allowing me to leave. I frowned, "Can you let me go? I need to text Noah. I'm not going to make him waste his time coming to pick me up if you're going to force me to ride with you." I state, placing my hand on his and shoving it off of me.

He groans and tosses his head back, "Why do you make it sound like I'm kidnapping you? This is supposed to be a favor, you know." He remarks. I sigh, "For what, exactly? From what I remember, you told me I've been worthless to you." He stays silent at that, only for a second before he exhales heavily.

"You're a pain in my ass. But you're right, I did say that. You still haven't been worth much in helping me, considering you almost got us caught last night since you got your ass stuck in the window." He says. Reed perks up suddenly, "Wait. Fuck this, I paid you back by saving you and your gigant-o ass last night." He snorts, and then he flips me the middle finger as he leaves my room.

"We'll talk at school about what we're doin' tonight." He calls, right before the sound of my front door slamming shut leaves me alone.